Fantasy Eastern vs. Magic Southern

cruisefanatic91

Hello Everyone,

I need some input from some DCL pros! Me and my fiance want to take a cruise for our honeymoon. We are looking at either an eastern Caribbean cruise on Fantasy or a southern Caribbean cruise on the Magic. We have been on the Magic twice already and have never been on the Fantasy. From just that information it sounds like an easy decision for the Fantasy, but what keeps the Magic in the running is it's amazing itinerary. Those southern Caribbean islands are breathtaking!

So i need input. Given our situation, which one would you do and why?

I've been on both ships and I prefer the Magic. It is smaller, much more intimate, etc. The dining rooms are less crazy and the CMs don't seem as pressured.

Have you been on the Magic since the Tangled show started? That might matter to you as well.

Eastern to us would be "been there, done that." Nothing wrong with it, but we've done it. We've done Southern also, but not nearly so often and I tend to prefer those ports.

If you do the Fantasy, check out the bathrooms by Palo. No kidding, those need to be seen!

I can give you advice based on my personal preferences, but yours might be different.

The southern Caribbean itinerary only has one sea day. To me, that is not enough. Part of the fun of a Disney cruise is all of the activities planned on board during sea days. So, I think I would be missing out taking such a port intensive cruise.

The eastern Caribbean itinerary has 3 days, which works well for me.

That said, many people prefer the smaller size of the Magic vs. the Fantasy. Others prefer the larger size of the Fantasy. You'll need to decide on that.

You'd have to fly to San Juan for the southern itinerary, but perhaps could drive to Pt. Canaveral for the eastern itinerary. Still, fares on the Fantasy are often higher than those on the Magic, so adding in plane tickets might not actually result in higher cost.

Do you want to see some of the same shows on the Magic again (they can be good)? Go you want to see the new bars / lounges or eat at Remy on the Fantasy?

To me, the shipboard experience is what is more important and would largely drive decision (although final cost would also be a factor).

You mentioned the islands being a draw for you, so if itinerary is what matters most to you, and is what sparks your interest, and seeing those specific islands is what you want, then I think you have your decision and the southern Caribbean itinerary on the Magic is for you.

which itinerary catches your interest more? That would be the real deciding factor to me personally. If you like the stops on the Fantasy and you are yet to see that beautiful ship then I would say hop a trip on the Fantasy and enjoy the eastern carib.

I think Modern_Viking summed it up pretty nicely. I've been on both and what it comes down to is itinerary versus ship. If itinerary is more important to you, than the Southern is much more attractive. If it's about the ship, then you need to compare activities and cost of getting there.

Aquaduck vs Aquadunk

Wishes, Aladdin and Believe vs Tangled, Twice Charmed and Disney Dreams

Palo and Remy vs just Palo

Cover Pool and Satellite Falls vs just the Cove Pool

I'll have to let somebody else pipe in on differences for the kids.

I havent been on the magic but have been on the fantasy...for my 2 infant/toddler boys they have awesome water play areas and slides :)

I have been on the southern, eastern and western and personally tend to prefer the eastern myself. Its all a matter of personal preference. After all it is vacation and you will be on a disney ship so you really cant go wrong either way :D