NCL Escape - 10/14/17 - W. Caribbean

CruisinMaterial

Hello GLBT CC Fam!

Any folks on here sailing to the Western Caribbean aboard the Norwegian Escape from 10/14/17 to 10/21/2017 roundtrip Miami? :)

It's probably the earliest I've booked a cruise in a LONG time so it gives us a while to grow!

Speak on up and let's pass the time!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi CruisinMaterial,

I'm traveling as a solo, but with a married couple - best friends. this will be our second Escape cruise traveling together. All great guys.

Hey! That's awesome! The more the merrier! I'm presently traveling solo but re-uniting with two cruisers who I met in the solo cabins a few years ago!

I'm new to the Breakaway Plus aka Norwegian Escape. After the last cruise on the Norwegian Breakaway I was very hesitant on booking the Escape. I really hope it's a better experience and the weather is good. She doesn't have a dedicated interior nightclub it seems. Where did you go to party at night inside the ship? :D

Escape was my first NCL after many RCCL cruises and was too hesitant. They had music nightly in the Skyline bar - even after the moonlight dance party in H2O on the pool deck. We had a blast all week and looking forward to another great week in October.

Escape was my first NCL after many RCCL cruises and was too hesitant. They had music nightly in the Skyline bar - even after the moonlight dance party in H2O on the pool deck. We had a blast all week and looking forward to another great week in October.

I'm about to try Royal Caribbean again. I've only sailed them once out of 39 cruises. Kind of crazy but sometimes it works out that way. It's going to be an older RCCL ship. Glad to hear even without a Bliss nightclub that the ship still has a place to dance and party. I've done this itinerary many times before. The only new spot is Harvest Caye and basically it is a beach spot. I'm going for the ship and company and socializing compared to the itinerary! :)

How many cruises have you taken?

21 RCCL, 1 Carnival, 1 Costa and 1 NCL. I was on Enchantment for a quick 3 night Bahama cruise in January. Yes it's an older, smaller ship - but still had a great time - great crowd. It was a weekend with no agenda, just having fun and I did;p

21 RCCL, 1 Carnival, 1 Costa and 1 NCL. I was on Enchantment for a quick 3 night Bahama cruise in January. Yes it's an older, smaller ship - but still had a great time - great crowd. It was a weekend with no agenda, just having fun and I did;p

You're an RCCL fan for sure! One could say I was a NCL fan. I've recently become very disenchanted with their changes and lack of customer service abilities. I really wish other cruise lines would step up the solo options so I could try them. I have a problem... I'm addicted to cruising. :eek: As a result I look for bargain deals and while Carnival has a ton of them, I wouldn't be caught dead on a "normal" Carnival cruise ever again! I would love to go back to Princess but they rarely offer solo travel deals. :(

Looking forward to the Enchantment of the Seas next week for Inception at Sea! Can't believe I found the cruise on Groupon! LOL! The line up is going to be quite good. Yes, I'm an EDM fan. :D

Ever done an Atlantis cruise?

• 2 weeks later...
hey man - I've been tied up with work and out of town. No I've never done any of the gay cruises. How about you? I am going to Ft. Lauderdale Thursday, staying up there until Saturday.

I was tied up with work a little bit as well. Took a cruise and now I've got a week of free time before work gets a little crazy again for a month and then chills for the summer. :)

I've done 5 gay cruises. My last one was back in 2009. Considering doing one again in 2018, the San Juan Atlantis option. We'll see what the future holds!

Most of my friends are in Miami this week for Winter Music Conference and the culmination of that event at Bay Front Park known as Ultra Music Festival. I'll be up here live streaming it. Much better view and a lot less people! :D

I really hope my DJ friend that works for NCL gets the transfer to the Escape in time for our sailing. I've done this itinerary many times before and it's the ship and friends I'm going for!

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with Harvest Caye, the new private island. Have you looked at what's to do there? It seems like it's all exclusively NCL stuff but you have to pay for a bulk of it. It's a private island of sorts but run by locals. :confused:

• 4 weeks later...
hi there . how has your Spring been? 25 weeks and counting!!!

Spring has been good. The weather has been all over the place. Most everyone is sick but that comes with the territory and time of year. Most people think it's summer when it's 80 and then the next day 40. :rolleyes:

When you count the weeks it seems much closer! :D

How's your spring going? I just can't wait for a cruise to get here! I'm in severe withdrawal.

(Problems to have, right? :o)

• 3 weeks later...

hey there. thanks for the information. I was in West Palm Beach last week and love the south Florida weather.... can't wait for October. A way to PM would be great so we can reach out. I actually will be up in your area in July.

thanks. I will be downtown at the University of Boston in July .

If you're staying in the City of Boston, you're in luck. The gayborhood has spread out a bit. Before it was exclusively the South End. There's still a lot of places to go there. There's the Trophy Room sports bar, Club Cafe Eatery and Nightclub, Eagle (Leather Bar), Jacques Cabaret (Drag Shows). Lots of swanky eateries in the area of the South End too and a bunch are gay owned and operated (too many to list).

The other area to check out is Dorchester. There's a place called D-Bar. Dorchester is up and coming in the gay scene but has become the more affordable option over the South End where real estate prices have skyrocketed and people are moving.

Boston has a few nightclubs... Club Cafe in the South End, Machine in the Back Bay - Fenway area and Paradise in Cambridge. Machine is big on Friday nights. Paradise is on Saturday. If you're coming in July during the 4th of July weekend then Boston will be dead as most of the gay boys head to Provincetown for Independance Festival.

Hope these tips help! :D

any chance we can meet up when I'm in the Boston area this summer? if not, looking forward to seeing you in October.

Depends on timing... in the summer months I tend to spend any and all free time up in Ogunquit, Maine if the weather is warmer. It's my escape from the city life. What dates are you coming in July?

• 1 month later...

Happy 4th! Been working a bit and finally had a holiday weekend to relax and get focused on the adventures ahead! Hope it was a good holiday! I'm sure more people will be out there. Seems like this site doesn't get as much foot traffic as it once did. :confused: