Port transfer in St Petersburg

Cruiser1309

Hi Diane,

I would suggest you to send requests to several local companies and chose one with better prices. More over as far as I know in each port terminal there is taxi desk, so you can just take taxi from the terminal to the center. I guess it will be cheaper than a transfer. They also have regular busses run between the port and the closest metro station. As you probably know local public transport is ridiculously cheap, at least in comparison with US :):)

Jess :)

thanks everyone. We are arriving on a cruise ship, and last time went with a tour company on the first day and with the ship on the second, so didn't have to arrange transport. Because of that I also didn't notice what other forms of transport were available - the cruise company of course makes a big thing about public transport not being able to get into the port terminal, but I didn't think this was the case. They would like you to buy their tours, and our experience of this was good, but we simply don't need it this time. After posting this I did find one company recommended on Trip Advisor so I will send them a mail. I will also try the tour company we went with before, but as we don't need them for anything else, that seems like overkill.

Thanks

Diane

thanks everyone. We are arriving on a cruise ship, and last time went with a tour company on the first day and with the ship on the second, so didn't have to arrange transport. Because of that I also didn't notice what other forms of transport were available - the cruise company of course makes a big thing about public transport not being able to get into the port terminal, but I didn't think this was the case. They would like you to buy their tours, and our experience of this was good, but we simply don't need it this time. After posting this I did find one company recommended on Trip Advisor so I will send them a mail. I will also try the tour company we went with before, but as we don't need them for anything else, that seems like overkill.

Thanks

Diane

There are taxis in the port. We saw the Taxi desks right inside the terminal. We did not use them ourselves, but on the ship we heard complains from some of the passengers. They had Israeli passports, so they didn't need neither visas nor tour tickets to disembark. So they were going to spend the day in St. Petersburg on their own and were planning to use the taxi. However there were no taxis available and they had to wait for about half an hour to get one. So if you are just going to the city it is maybe all right, but if you are going to Moscow and need to be in time for the train then it is better to get a transfer from some tour company. That will be more expensive, but it will be guaranteed. If you had nice experience with your tour company why don't you ask them. I do not think they will be offended.