Safari Taxi to Sapphire Beach?

c4270521

We were in St. Thomas 2 years ago with a party of 15 and with no planning asked one of the locals to get us to a beach. He put us on one of those Safari buses and it took us straight to Coki Beach. They also set up a time to pick us up. I think this cost like $30 for all 15 of us.

We're going back next week. Only 6 of us this time and we want to to Sapphire Beach. After reading these forums I'm wondering if we'll be able to make the same kind of arrangement. From what I'm reading those safari vehicles normally run a standard route. Anyone have luck going to Sapphire this way as opposed to taking a more expensive taxi? I thought it was great service last time, and actually enjoyed the ride so much that I GoPro'ed most of it :)

You probably took the "$2 bus" back then and that would indeed be $30 for the 15 ppl. Someone else more familiar with the current public transportation options can tell you if this is still an option. I do know that using that option you can have longish wait times because many are full at certain times of the day. But it is very inexpensive as compared to the normal $20pp round trip safari taxi as long as you aren't in a hurry.