New Zealand Cruise.

harbourside

We were fortunate to be able to experience The Milford Sound.....my initial response to this would be that their docking is not equipped for large groups.

From an excursion standpoint, the landing has nothing there for large groups of people to do. We took a small plane into the sound and landed on the dirt runway. We then took the small ferry out to the Tasmanian Sea. It was an awesome experience that we treasure. But there is nothing else there. It is a small, environmentally protected area that is beyond beautiful for sure.

There is no easy way to drive there for a day trip. From what I understand, most cruise ships sail past the sound

But maybe I am not correct....

Maybe they do bring out groups in busses to take the ferry, and we just lucked out!

The itinerary for the New Zealand/Australia cruises does not include The Milford Sounds.

This seems an odd exclusion, as I would have thought that this would be one of the top scenic destinations.

Woops. I meant to say The Fiordland National Park which most other cruise ships go to.