Holland America Cruise Line Launches Free Onboard App to Book Tours, Dining & More

LauraS

This seems very behind the times? On my last Princess cruise the app also had a passenger to passenger messenger function. That was incredibly useful. I don't know what their target is here but it seems like if they're advancing why not go all the way?

Does anyone know if it works on i-phones please?

It is essentially a web site, so it will work on anything with a web browser. Any type of phone, tablet, laptop etc. Nothing is downloaded or installed on the local device.

This seems very behind the times? On my last Princess cruise the app also had a passenger to passenger messenger function. That was incredibly useful. I don't know what their target is here but it seems like if they're advancing why not go all the way?

I don't know what Princess has, but if it is an actual app (downloaded from google play or itunes and installed) it would be easier to incorporate messaging. What HAL is doing is just a local (on ship) web site.

I don't know what Princess has, but if it is an actual app (downloaded from google play or itunes and installed) it would be easier to incorporate messaging. What HAL is doing is just a local (on ship) web site.

Princess is an app, but it only works on the boat over the ship's wifi (still free for this service). You sign in with your name and cabin # etc. But all the schedules etc pull you to a static webpage.

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/activities/princess-at-sea/