Copenhagen Hotel Question

nt13

My family of four (which includes children ages 6 and 10) will be arriving in Copenhagen from the US at 7am and will be staying 3 nights before our cruise on the Getaway.

I am trying to decide between Copenhagen Scandic and Manon Les Suites. I am particularly concerned about arriving so early with no place to sleep. I have reached out to both properties about the possibility of paying for an early check in or a room the night before to address this, but have not heard back.

Manon Les Suites is a new boutique hotel so not much information, but it is well priced. However, I am thinking that because the Copenhagen Scandic is so large, our chances of getting into a room in the morning are much better and I should stick with Scandic.

Does anyone have input? As we get closer to the trip, although we are flexible travelers the thought of my family of four with just a few hours sleep (it will be 2am our time when we land) and no hotel room sounds like a recipe for misery. Thank you!

Choosing a larger hotel might work. We previously stayed at Crown Plaza Copenhagen (with free airport shuttle) and arrived hotel at 10am for a 3pm check-in. We were allowed to have the room when we arrived from the US since there were no guest occupying the room. It was the month of May and there were many rooms available.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm not trying to get your hopes down but hotel rooms in summer months are very popular so to get an early room can be tough.

Some hotels are expanding and new ones are opening up but they are really just trying to catch up with the demand.

Last year the amount of rooms that were rented out was around 75%, it doesn't sound like much but in reality it means that at some point during the year the hotels was sold out.

Just this summer 2 large hostel and at least 1 hotel is opening so hopefully it means that you are successful in getting an early room. :)

I'm not trying to get your hopes down but hotel rooms in summer months are very popular so to get an early room can be tough.

Some hotels are expanding and new ones are opening up but they are really just trying to catch up with the demand.

Last year the amount of rooms that were rented out was around 75%, it doesn't sound like much but in reality it means that at some point during the year the hotels was sold out.

Just this summer 2 large hostel and at least 1 hotel is opening so hopefully it means that you are successful in getting an early room. :)

Thanks and you are right. We arrive on a Sunday so that doesn't help my chances with the previous night being a Sunday. I'm starting to consider booking a room for the night before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Choosing a larger hotel might work. We previously stayed at Crown Plaza Copenhagen (with free airport shuttle) and arrived hotel at 10am for a 3pm check-in. We were allowed to have the room when we arrived from the US since there were no guest occupying the room. It was the month of May and there were many rooms available.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We like the Crowne Plaza a lot. Our most recent stay was last fall before a Baltic/TA. We got into our room early, too. We'd definitely stay there again the next time we're in Copenhagen.

• 2 weeks later...
IF you haven't already committed, the Best Western called "Hebron" has suites with plenty of space. Plus, they have cupcakes, a stellar breakfast, and they're just down the street from Tivoli. Highly recommended.

Thank you so much! They were booked for my dates but I did find something else that will work. Appreciate the input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk