QM2 single cabin prices

rgaudet

I'm looking at a TA on QM2 in the summer, post refit. As I travel solo I was very curious to see what prices were for the new cabins. Turns out, I could get a regular sized oceanview for the same price, and a balcony for not much more. So while there may be no single supplement, there doesn't seem to be any advantage. Anyone else noticed this?

Rob

I'm looking at a TA on QM2 in the summer, post refit. As I travel solo I was very curious to see what prices were for the new cabins. Turns out, I could get a regular sized oceanview for the same price, and a balcony for not much more. So while there may be no single supplement, there doesn't seem to be any advantage. Anyone else noticed this?

Rob

Pretty much everyone who posts here has noticed and commented yet these cabins seem to sell out rather fast. If you look at the layout instead of a king size bed that can be split into twins in the double cabins if needs be the single cabins have a twin bed and a sofa. Gives one more of the feel of a living room. However, I agree the double cabin with the single supplement is the way to book. Better chance of an upgrade out of the blue than a single cabin I would think.

Rob

When i booked my crossing for next november, i experienced the exact same thing. Needless to say, i ended up in a balcony cabin, even tought there probably wont be much use for the balcony itself.

I booked a QM2 TA in October this year in one of new single cabins.

I made the booking in New Zealand and found that the cost of this cabin was about 50% less than the cheapest inside cabin, and 100% less that the cheapest outside cabin (both with the 75% supplement).

So I wonder why they are doing this in the Australia/NZ market but not other markets?

Having said this I have to say that for most other cruises this is not the case and the pricing structure the OP outlines applies.

Confusing. I agree that these cabins should be consistently less than the cost of a double cabin with a single supplement. Otherwise, why are they adding them?

The cost of the single staterooms on the Queens is sometimes downright bizarre. Here is an example from July of 2014. Cunard was having a sale on QE's 2015 World Voyage. These are the prices with the single supplement.

Balcony

BA - $40,668

BC - $36,136

CA - $34,298

Oceanview

EB - $33,808

ED - $32,828

FA - $31,848

And the cost for the single oceanview was a whopping $46,898!

Being owned by the same company I don't know why Cunard don't price their single cabins like P&O do with about a 40% supplement over the double

cabins.

I can't see any advantage booking a single cabin with Cunard.