Sicilian Splendours

twoboys

We are considering our first Windstar cruise for our 25th anniversary on September. Our all time favorite cruise experience was the Seabourn Quest which we are on the 2nd week it was in service. The food, the cabin, the staff were all top notch. We loved that after spending 3 days in Athens we could do our laundry on the ship. We loved that all drinks and gratuities were included. But good friends swear by Windstar. At first glance the Windstar does seem to be much more affordable than Seabourn. We are not HUGE drinkers, but while on vacation, especially one in which we are not driving, we will have a couple of drinks and a bottle of wine with dinner. We are very active and in our early 50s so we loved a good fitness center and active tours. I know things like food are subjective and I know that Windstar is more laid back (which is a good thing), I just wonder if it will be the right cruise for our special occasion and if we will love it as much. I wish there were more reviews of the Star Breeze. any other sites I should check?

I am a fan of WS and I have been on 18 WS cruises only with the sail boats but on 12/5 I am on the Star Breeze. I am also in love with Sicily and it is a place I could go over and over to. I can not imagine a better cruise Sicily and WS = sheer bliss. I want to take that cruise. I think you will find it a great trip with the exception of a large gym, which I hear the motor yachts do not have. I can not recommend anything for people's expectation so differ I can only express my fondness for both. Love the food on the WS and the best eating of my life consistently was in Sicily, activity be prepared to walk your feet off exploring this magnificent island. I can not imagine the beauty of seeing Sicily from the water's edge. I would say if it feels right take the jump and have a spectacular time. Happy Sailing. Susanne.

Forgot, the best laundry service all for a nominal fee, why would anyone want to go on an elegant cruise and do laundry? WS seriously has the best service available. I never buy the laundry package and I always come out ahead. Nice wine choices, great drinks. Have a splendid time. Susanne