Scenic Ocean View Valor

rausda27

I just booked 6J scenic ocean view on the Valor in July. (room 9198) Anyone have experience with this room type? I see a balcony rail in the pictures, was wondering if people are able to walk in front of the window?

We hope the rooms are a little bigger than the regular ocean view rooms and the views are as amazing as the pictures show.

Any insight or reviews would be appreciated!

Have not stayed in this specific room but will be in 6J this Saturday on sister ship Glory.... I have researched these (and the 6K we have booked a couple sailings for) extensively and reviewed many "actual" guest photos on line and the rooms look like what you see on line at the Carnival site.

Couple things to know:

The railing is a walk way area for maintenance, so there is the "possibility" of maintenance walking in front of your window for some reason (it is not general access), but keep that in mind if window blind is open how you are dressed, etc. You have to close the blinds in the window at night when you have any lights on in your room as the light from these rooms will interfere with vision for the bridge.... I read they WILL come knock on your door.

These Scenic Ocean View rooms seem to be very coveted, especially the 6K's... and have read nothing but positive reviews for them... I think you will enjoy. If I experience anything to the contrary when I get back in 2 weeks from mine on the Glory, I will let you know.:)

Edited by wemjam

We recently gave up 9199 in July for an aft balcony. Still curious how those rooms compare. We had 2 adults and 2 teen kids booked and did not realize they would have to share a sofa bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just booked 6J scenic ocean view on the Valor in July. (room 9198) Anyone have experience with this room type? I see a balcony rail in the pictures, was wondering if people are able to walk in front of the window?

We hope the rooms are a little bigger than the regular ocean view rooms and the views are as amazing as the pictures show.

Any insight or reviews would be appreciated!

:cool:

We have this exact room book on the valor as well but for our September 30th Cruise which won't help you, but will be interested in seeing what others say about the room. I hear its a great room unless there are rough seas.

Stayed in the Grand Scenic which is right next door. There isn't a walk way out there. It's just a rail, the base of which is right up against the outside of the window with no space to walk. We did have window cleaners come through one day, so watch out for that. The windows are spectacular!! Floor to ceiling. We loved turning off all the lights and opening the blinds at night. My family voted those rooms better than balconies. Have to book them super early to get them, so I don't know when we'll be able to book them again! Enjoy!!

• 2 weeks later...

OK Glory Senic Ocean View was GREAT. Hubby and I loved it, so spacious. (just returned this weekend was in 9199). BOTH said we will take this and the Grand Scenic Ocean view over balcony from now on. Ajoinng room door did make for slightly easier transfer of noise if neighbor was overly loud, but had no real issue with this and only noticed 2 or 3 times on entire cruise. View unbeatable and couldnt be more comfortable sitting in big cushy chair. Had awesome views of sunset. Watched stars at night with all the room lights off. Added bonus: I get motion sick and can not stand on a balcony while ship is moving. I found I could however sit and watch out the window and was fine. The forward facing movement versus side to side you get on balcony made big difference. Got peek at Grand Scenic Ocean view next to us and was terrific (in this room type on Splendor in Sept. and can't wait). Tried to add pics and can't get it to go. Message me if you want to see :D

I would love to see some pics. I'm staying in a scenic ocean view on the valor in September (9197). Loved your review. I was having second thoughts when after I booked it. Here's my email. miscubagal@yahoo.com.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Jesziegler

Unless they have closed that area on the Valor, Glory, etc. off the the public in recent years the deck outside the window is open to the public. Just off the Victory last week and, being a fairly similar ship, the front decks were open and a number of people were out there. It was always weird when people would have those windows open when we were on that deck - like maybe they didn't know it was open to the public?

Oh, I didn't realize the DID change it. I was comparing older photos of valor with new ones and they extended the rooms on deck 9 over the bridge of the ship so you can't go out on that front deck anymore (you can on the deck above and the decks below the bridge.

old.jpg.264ad75592cc44ac32364ffcbd1f213b.jpg

new.jpg.3a2fba1e0a3a0a2b0fa762d7c83f30be.jpg

The old "secret deck" is the spaced used to build the grand scenic ocean view and scenic ocean view rooms. Just got off Splendor last weekend and we stayed in 9200, one of the grand scenic ocean view rooms. We were only the 7th cruise after that room was built. It was absolutely amazing! I could lay in bed and watch the sunrise and sunset. The square footage on the 2 grand rooms is around 320 and the scenic ocean view rooms I believe are around 220, a little larger than a standard balcony room. The blinds are built into the window.

I had read prior to our sailing that these blinds have to be kept closed if there are lights on in the room. Once we got into the room, there was no mention of this...no note, nothing said by our room steward...so we asked and were told they think the blinds should be closed, but we never got a real clear answer on it. The windows look black on the outside, you can't see into the room from the outside, so maybe on the Splendor the lights don't have to be off?? Not sure about that. We had a chance to tour the Captains Suite that is right next door (we had FTTF and there were Miami office people there who were touring, and they said we could look if we wanted) and we tested out the windows to see if you could see into the suite or into our room from the suite and we couldn't see anything. So I'm guessing maybe on this build there is no need to close the blinds at night? There were a couple of times we didn't think about it and no one called or came knocking...

The Grand rooms are awesome! I'm not sure how I'll ever be able to go back to a standard room again...lol. The only downside to it is if you leave the blinds open the room tends to warm up, and it does take a few minutes to open and close the blinds. For us the view was worth it. We had balcony rooms on our previous 2 cruises, which were near the doors out to the Lido deck and great locations. I never thought I'd want to be anywhere else, but even with the additional walk down the hallway it was so worth it.

We did tend to feel the rocking quite a bit more up front than we did on our previous cruises, but that didn't bother us. (I'm still trying to get my land legs back though...and it's already been 5 days since leaving the ship!)

We were really quite lucky to get this room...just great timing. After Splendor's recent dry dock, the rooms opened up. We had been booked in an interior room. We would have booked an ocean view, but the only open ocean view rooms when we booked originally were on decks 1 & 2. We decided we would rather be closer to the Lido deck and be interior than to be on deck 2...just a personal preference. But I kept checking into other options just in case something else opened up. We had until 60 days prior to the cruise to make changes without a fee, and literally the room opened up 62 days prior.

I'm not 100% sure, and not sure if it's the same on all the ships that have these rooms, but I believe 9200 is only booked for 3 people but 9201 can be booked for 2. 9200 can actually sleep 4. The sofa opens up for 2 people, or can be set up for 1 without opening it. Some of the ships have a lounger in 9200, but Splendor does not. It does have 2 armchairs and 2 coffee tables though.

And to confirm, the railing is not for public use. I'm guessing they use it for window cleaning, but we didn't see anyone out there during our cruise. Be aware though, you might hear strange rubbing/scraping noises which we determined were the windshield wipers on the bridge. I only heard it one morning but it was loud enough to wake me up.

One plus on this room, at least on Splendor, is that there are 2 outlets! It was nice to have the extra one! It is near the floor under the windows. Also, in the photos we saw before sailing, the TV is shown mounted between the 2 windows. In our unit it was actually mounted on the dresser wall unit. I believe the TV in our unit is larger than what is found in the standard balcony rooms.

Hi,

Not very tech savvy, but I do have some pictures of the exact cabin mentioned. My daughter and grandchildren had that cabin (9198) for Christmas last year. Will try and see if I can post them or I can email them to you if not.

Hi,

Not very tech savvy, but I do have some pictures of the exact cabin mentioned. My daughter and grandchildren had that cabin (9198) for Christmas last year. Will try and see if I can post them or I can email them to you if not.

Would love to see the pictures, except I don't know how to private message you to give you my email.

We've had SOV rooms often and LOVE them!! We had two on the Glory last month, 9198 and 9196. They are adjoining rooms. They are 220 sq foot and have a couch and a chair with table in front of the floor to ceiling window!! Yes you do have to keep the blind down at night, if your lights are on. We would come in for the night, get ready for bed and open the blind up, so nice. We had an electric blind which was nice also. We saw several sun rises without ever leaving our room.