Carnival Victory Questions

crys_dez

Hey everyone, I'm a little overwhelmed by the forum and can't find answers to the following questions. So I apologize if these have been asked/answered before.

I am sailing on the Victory in a few weeks and have these questions:

What beverages are provided on the boat free of charge? (trying to decide whether to get bubbles pkg)

Do you know what the estimated cost is for a coke is on the boat?

Is there a dress code for the MDR?

Are towels provided at the pool, as well as my beach excursion? Or do I need to bring beach towels from home?

Are there hair dryers in the rooms?

I think that is it. TIA

Crystal

Hey everyone, I'm a little overwhelmed by the forum and can't find answers to the following questions. So I apologize if these have been asked/answered before.

What beverages are provided on the boat free of charge? (trying to decide whether to get bubbles pkg)

Are towels provided at the pool, as well as my beach excursion? Or do I need to bring beach towels from home?

I think that is it. TIA

Crystal

Hi Crystal! I will be on the Victory on the 21st! It's my second time. You will have a great time!

Yes to hair dryers in the room and to towels. Just bring them back because a couple recently complained about being charged for them

Free drinks include tea (which to this southern girl is horrible!), lemonade, and a soda is $1.95 according to a site I'm looking at right now.

there is a dress code although not rigidly enforced. I copied this from the FAQs on Carnival's website:

Main Dining Room(s)

Following is the dress code in the Main Dining Room(s) for both men and women and pertains to children as well:

Cruise Casual Dress Code

• Men: sport slacks, khakis, Jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long) and collared polo shirts
  • Women: summer dresses, casual skirts, pants, capris, dress shorts, Jeans (no cut-offs) blouses and tops
  • Not permitted: Cut-off Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, tee-shirts, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

Cruise Elegant Dress Code

• Men: dress slacks, dress shirts, and we also suggest a sport coat; men may also wish to wear a suit and tie or tuxedo
  • Women: Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; ladies may also wish to wear an evening gown
  • Not permitted: Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, shorts, tee-shirts, sportswear, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

Have a great time!:D

24/7 hot coffee, tea and cocoa everywhere. At breakfast on lido add milk OJ Apple Juice and Guava Punch. In MDR add a much wider variety of juices. At lunch it switches to tea and lemonade through dinner. The tea is yuck IMHO but 1/2 with lemonade or brew my own on lido is fine.

$2-3 but don't hold me to that because we don't drink it.

No swimwear or coverups ever. Then at dinner:

Cruise Casual Dress Code

• Men: sport slacks, khakis, Jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long) and collared polo shirts
  • Women: summer dresses, casual skirts, pants, capris, dress shorts, Jeans (no cut-offs) blouses and tops
  • Not permitted: Cut-off Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, tee-shirts, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

• Men: dress slacks, dress shirts, and we also suggest a sport coat; men may also wish to wear a suit and tie or tuxedo
  • Women: Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; ladies may also wish to wear an evening gown
  • Not permitted: Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, shorts, tee-shirts, sportswear, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

Cruise Elegant Evenings / Formal Nights

The length of the cruise determines the number of 'Cruise Elegant' evenings in the Dining Room. The first 'Cruise Elegant' evening is scheduled for the second or third evening of the cruise and the second 'Cruise Elegant' evening is the second or third evening prior to the end of the cruise, itinerary schedule permitting.

• 2-day to 5-day cruise: one Cruise Elegant evening
  • 6-day or longer cruise: two Cruise Elegant evenings

There will be 2 beach towels in your room. You can take them wherever and just return them and the steward will change them out. You can also do so at the towel hut on the lido and right after the metal detector when returning from shore.

Yes - but they stink.

I think that is it. TIA

Crystal

Hope that helps!

Thank you so much. I could not for the life of me find the answers to these questions. Much appreciated

Hi Crystal! I will be on the Victory on the 21st! It's my second time. You will have a great time!

Yes to hair dryers in the room and to towels. Just bring them back because a couple recently complained about being charged for them

Free drinks include tea (which to this southern girl is horrible!), lemonade, and a soda is $1.95 according to a site I'm looking at right now.

there is a dress code although not rigidly enforced. I copied this from the FAQs on Carnival's website:

Main Dining Room(s)

Following is the dress code in the Main Dining Room(s) for both men and women and pertains to children as well:

Cruise Casual Dress Code

Have a great time!:D

Hi Crystal, We are from Ontario too!

Lemonade and iced tea are free, so is coffee and tea. Juices in the morning are free. Pop is around 2.50 a can but you can bring on a case of canNed pop or order it from the fun shops 6 for 10.00.

Beach towels are provided at the pool and there are some in your cabin that you can take with you at the ports...just make sure you bring them back or you will be charged for them.

It's cruise casual in MDR no caps, tank tops , cut offs, flip flops or bathing suits & cover ups.

On elegant night I usually wear a dress and hubby wears slacks and a dress shirt with a tie.

There are hair dryers in suites only but I have read that if you ask, they will give you one but there is a limited supply so best to ask when you first get on the ship.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Thanks so much.

You say no tank tops in the dining room however, would a nice sleeveless womans top count as a tank top?

Hi Crystal, We are from Ontario too!

Lemonade and iced tea are free, so is coffee and tea. Juices in the morning are free. Pop is around 2.50 a can but you can bring on a case of canNed pop or order it from the fun shops 6 for 10.00.

Beach towels are provided at the pool and there are some in your cabin that you can take with you at the ports...just make sure you bring them back or you will be charged for them.

It's cruise casual in MDR no caps, tank tops , cut offs, flip flops or bathing suits & cover ups.

On elegant night I usually wear a dress and hubby wears slacks and a dress shirt with a tie.

There are hair dryers in suites only but I have read that if you ask, they will give you one but there is a limited supply so best to ask when you first get on the ship.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Thanks so much.

You say no tank tops in the dining room however, would a nice sleeveless womans top count as a tank top?

I don't think even spaghetti strap tank tops are prohibited - at least on cruise casual, and you can find the same look on sundresses so I wouldn't think it would be a problem.

The goal here is to NOT roll off the pool deck and instead dress like you were going to any one of the dozens of standard American table service restaurants on a date!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I won't repeat the advice that everyone said so far, but it is all good info.

I will say that dress-code questions stir up a lot of... opinions and discussions of rules vs enforcement. My advice is, try to look nice and dress in what you think is "good taste," have a good time, and you will be fine :)

For drinks, if you are looking to save a few bucks but want "different" things to drink besides ice tea, lemonade, coffee, and water... you can make an "Arnold Palmer" by mixing half ice tea and half lemonade (trust me, it's good). Also they have juices out at breakfast.

My first cruise was my honeymoon, and it was on the Victory. We really enjoyed that ship, and you will have a great time!