Chef's table - first night?

mikencarol

We are taking a 4 night cruise on Glory in June and are already confirmed for Chef's Table (yay!) We were also thinking of making Steakhouse reservations ahead of time for the first night of the cruise after looking at the menus. Is anyone aware if they do the Chef's Table on the first night?

Chef's Table is never first night. Make a reservation for the first night in Steakhouse and I think they give you a free bottle of wine, or at least do it on some ships. You will LOVE CT! Tell the lady going to CT to wear closed toed shoes and high heels with thin heels would be a little dangerous, as you walk pn mats with big holes.

• 4 years later...

We got an email confirmation saying when we boarded our invite will be in the room. I don't see how they can do Chef's Table on the first night, way to chaotic. I agree on the Steakhouse for the first night, we chose the 50% off a decent bottle of wine.

Coevan-

Based upon all I read on these boards, I thought it was odd. I have reached out to them via email to make sure that it was understood for Chef's Table and not David's Steakhouse. We are doing David's later in our cruise.

Thank you for your insight. Fingers crossed.

Sanbixby, eat very lightly throughout the day. You do not have to finish every course. The best 2 dishes are last and we hardly could eat any of it. The Duck Confit and Short Ribs are to die for. It's a wonderful experience and the wine pours quite freely, enjoy!

I received an email confirmation for our July cruise and it says the Chef's Table is at 6pm the FIRST night.

I posted about this on the Fantasy thread.

We sail at 4pm

Chef's Table is at 6pm.

Crazy!

That is definitely odd! Maybe it's because it's a 4-night cruise?

I reached out to confirm that my reservation was, indeed, for the Chef's Tasting and here was my reply (with personal info removed) So It looks like they are listing the first night of the cruise and then identifying the actual date when you board. Given all I had read about difficulty booking, I was surprised to be able to get this.

Good evening,

That is correct. Please be advised that the date & Time for the Chef’s table will be finalized once you come on board.

Thank you,

Kind Regards,

Jasmina Mladenovic

Steakhouse Manager, Carnival Pride

Carnival Cruise Line

Ext.: 0770 | Cell: 7857 | e: prsteakhouse@carnival.com

Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2016 6:30 PM

To: PRIDE STEAKHOUSE

Subject:

Just to comfirm:

This is for the Chef Tasting and we still have our reservation for David’s Steakhouse on July 27th. Correct?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2016 4:23 PM

To:

Subject:

Dear

Thank you for choosing David’s Steakhouse for your dining.

Your reservation request for 4 Guests at 6.00 PM on July 24th, 2016 is confirmed.

Should your plans change, please keep us advised at prsteakhouse@carnival.com

We look forward to serving you!

Your Steakhouse Manager,

Jasmina Mladenovic

Carnival Pride

FIRST_NAME :

LAST_NAME :

EMAIL_ADDRESS :

BOOKING_NUMBER :

SHIP : CARNIVAL PRIDE

SAIL_DATE : Jul 24, 2016

NUMBER_OF_GUESTS : 4

RESERVATION_DATE : Jul 24, 2016

RESERVATION_TIME : 6:00 PM

ALLERGIES : curry (Sandy)

OCCASION : Birthday

I booked the Chef's table thru the special events email and received confirmation for my upcoming Breeze cruise. I then used the on line form after reading this post, and got a confirmation that my reservation for 6pm on embark day was confirmed - when I replied that I was coming for the chef's table and not the steakhouse, I received an email saying the invite would be in my room before the chef's table. I have done the chef's table on 4 occasions and it was never on the first night - some of the food requires 2-3 days to prepare the sauces and such.