Passports and Money Belts

We will be on the Regal Princess in July for the Scandinavia and Russia cruise.

The cruise is very port intensive, starting in Copenhagen, with stops in Oslo, Gothenburg, Warnemunde, Tallinn, St. Petersburg, Helsinki, and Stockholm.

I know that we will need to have our Passports when we enter St. Petersburg, but does anyone know if we need to carry our Passports whenever we leave the ship in the other ports?

Also, with all of the pickpocket warnings, do I need to buy a Money Belt for those times when my Passport is necessary?

Which Money Belt would you recommend?

Thanks,

Sadie

We are doing a Baltic cruise next week and I'm pretty sure that the only port that requires a passport is St. Petersburg.

Here's a useful article from the Rick Steves website about money belts to help you decide whether you want one.

https://www.ricksteves.com/travel-tips/theft-scams/travel-moneybelt

You can buy Rick Steves' money belt for $14.95 + $6.00 shipping. But I'd recommend going to Amazon.com as well to see the myriad choices (and reviews) of money belts there. You can find well-reviewed money belts from $10- $20. (And, if you have Amazon Prime, the shipping is free.)

Edited by GradUT

All the ports except St Petersburg, do NOT require a need for a passport. Whether or not you want to carry yours with you is up to you. Some feel safer with their passports with them in case the unforeseen happens, others stow it away in the ship's safe until needed for St Petersburg.

Ourselves we had a color copy of our passport info made and we carried that with up for all ports, except St Petersburg. Luckily we never needed it.

As for money belts, again, never felt the need for them. I carry my wallet in my front pants pocket and believe me, I would know if some one decided to stick their hand down there. LOL

Cheers

Len