T-Mobile Simple Choice on Windstar

milepig

There are older threads on roaming and cell service onboard, but I don't see anything recent enough to talk about the relatively new T-Mobile Simple Choice plan where you get data included pretty much worldwide without roaming fees.

The T-Mobile site lists a couple Windstar Ships as being covered for relatively small up charges, but they only list the Spirit and the Star.

We'll be on the Pride in April and it would be wonderful if this worked there. Anybody know if the T-Mobile list is just incomplete? Any actual experiences?

There are older threads on roaming and cell service onboard, but I don't see anything recent enough to talk about the relatively new T-Mobile Simple Choice plan where you get data included pretty much worldwide without roaming fees.

The T-Mobile site lists a couple Windstar Ships as being covered for relatively small up charges, but they only list the Spirit and the Star.

We'll be on the Pride in April and it would be wonderful if this worked there. Anybody know if the T-Mobile list is just incomplete? Any actual experiences?

I've answered my own question. Simple Choice isn't really offered, the T-Mobile charge for the Windstar ships is $15/MB, which works out to over $15K per GB!!! Windstar itself charges $100 for 250/MB making it a much better deal:

T-Mobile = $15/MB

Windstar = $0.40/MB

Edited by milepig