Quality of Food on Odyssey

eliana

We are considering booking a cruise early next year on the Odyssey. Food is important to us and good quality cooking and ingredients is vital. What has been recent experience in the restaurants on the Odyssey?

Edited by eliana

I just got off the Odyssey and thought the food was very good to outstanding, especially when I compared with several recent Silver Sea trips, and Regent a couple years ago, their major competitors. I am picky about food as everything gets compared with food in the San Francisco Bay area. Service was also excellent in dining venues. SB was also trying out Thomas Keller menus (French Laundry chef) which will be incorporated soon on the SB ships. I wrote a more detailed review of the cruise a few days ago for CC but it has not yet been approved for publication, but should be soon. Restaurant 2 with wine pairings to go with small plates was my favorite.

Edited by Catlover54

We're from the Los Angeles area (so have access to terrific food) and we were on Odyssey in May this year, 2015. Agree with the San Fran poster, food was very good to outstanding, as was the service. We ate in all the venues, but for dinner we mostly ate in the MDR, except for the fun event around the pool where the officers serve you, which was also great food! You can't go wrong with Seabourn!