Fanning Island Donations

kftw

For those who have been to Fanning Island & made some donations. What age span should we buy for? How young to how old?

Plus suggestions on what to bring.

We LOVED Fanning Island. Be sure to take lots of dollar bills as the children are all dressed up and will take pictures with you for a dollar. Actually they will do it for nothing but I could never be that cheap! It's their way of earning a living. You will run out of dollars fast as there are quite a few of them and they are so cute. Also take money to buy their crafts. They are wonderful quality and some of best souvenirs we've had anywhere. I have a few mounted on my wall. Get off the ship early for the best shopping and take a bag with you to carry your many momentos. They don't speak English but are very friendly. Walk along the road and see the houses further back as well.

I would say the children range in age from babies to around 12. We did a similar stop on the Amazon River and I made several sundresses and gave them out. They were thrilled. I wouldn't take candy but little tshirts, flip flops, hair ties, etc. are very welcomed. We've also taken toothbrushes and toothpaste but those aren't very exciting to the children! Markers, crayons, coloring books as well.

Enjoy yourself. Those people have nothing but they are happy and so few people visit that they look forward to the cruise ships for weeks or even months. It was one of our most favorite stops ever.