Kids Sail Free--Cabins for 5?

heath7767

I'm intrigued by MSC's Kids Sail Free offerings, so I'm considering booking a family cruise out of Florida. Our kids would be 5, 7, and 9 when sailing. Does MSC offer cabins for 5? And would all 3 of our kids really sail free minus port fees, tips, etc?

I haven't received a response to me email I sent MSC a few days ago, so I'm just trying to gather information at this point. We're trying to stretch our travel dollars as far as possible.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I'm intrigued by MSC's Kids Sail Free offerings, so I'm considering booking a family cruise out of Florida. Our kids would be 5, 7, and 9 when sailing. Does MSC offer cabins for 5? And would all 3 of our kids really sail free minus port fees, tips, etc?

I haven't received a response to me email I sent MSC a few days ago, so I'm just trying to gather information at this point. We're trying to stretch our travel dollars as far as possible.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Whether kids sail free depends on the region you are booking in.

In the UK kids have reduced fares, which include taxes, ( the fare just about equate to the port fees and taxes) instead of them sailing free and paying the fees.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Whether kids sail free depends on the region you are booking in.

In the UK kids have reduced fares, which include taxes, ( the fare just about equate to the port fees and taxes) instead of them sailing free and paying the fees.

Pete

That's what I saw for Med cruises I am interested in - fees and taxes. I don't know why, but I never considered the faxes and fees as the fare. I'll take the $52 in taxes and fees over $1100 far!!! :)

Edited by jen70

I feel like this is up to 2 kids, with 2 paying adults in the cabin. However, I can't find that stated anywhere. If true, that could be a tough situation since you'd have to book an adult in each cabin. Given the prices, MSC might still be a winning option if you could get 2 of the 3 kids free.

Your best option is probably to try some fake bookings on the website. Try 1 adult and 1 child and see if KSF applies. If so, then you should get 1 child free in the other cabin with 1 adult.

If all else fails: Seaside is coming at the end of next year so 5 in a cabin in summer 2018!

As @jen70 mentioned, it is the 3rd and 4th passenger that can sail free. If you book one adult and one child, the child will not be free.

I have played with Seaside bookings and you can book 3 kids free, but the staterooms that can accommodate 5 are the higher experience rooms (e.g., Area, Wellness). If you book Yacht Club, the children are not free, but reduced rates.