Carnival spirit balcony cabins

We are planning a cruise in November with a 21/2 yr old and have noticed on videos that some balcony doors have a latch high up the door as a secondary lock.

Can anyone tell me if these are in all cabins or just some and which types please? :)

the latches are mostly because it's an older ship that has not been updated no guarantee it will be in your cabin it is not cabin specific however if you have not cruised before know it is very difficult to open the doors they are heavy due to the vacuum effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree with the above, the doors are hard enough to open for adults there is no way a toddler could do this - they simply wouldn't have the strength. As an adult you have to put your body into the door and really push - at the same time as holding down the handle and navigating the lip.

I agree with the above, the doors are hard enough to open for adults there is no way a toddler could do this - they simply wouldn't have the strength. As an adult you have to put your body into the door and really push - at the same time as holding down the handle and navigating the lip.

Thank you for your reply. We were on the Golden Princess our last 2 cruises and have not sailed with Carnival before. I don't think their website is as user friendly for booking.

Do you tend to get much noise from the Atrium, is the void open or glassed in to the passage ways? I was wondering if cabins near the elevators atrium are noisy.

Our cabin was above the theatre so I can't comment specifically. We had no noise issues at all, which we thought we might.

I don't think the atrium would be a problem - it actually isn't that big and while there is a bar with a stage for musicians they never played here late at night.

There are 7 elevators at the atrium, three glass ones and then four regular ones. The regular ones are in there own kind of room which would contain most of the noise.

I agree about the website!