New cruiser with a 2 year old

Jupiterdiva

I've never cruised before and my husband and I are interested in a Caribbean cruise. We'll have our 2 (almost 3) year old son with us. Any recommendations on a cruise line where we can have fun, enjoy travelling with our little one and still be able to have some romantic time and excursion time with my husband? Disney is the only one I know would that would cater to kids but they seem way too expensive for our budget. I've heard of cruises with kid clubs, but are they any good? Do they get overcrowded? I would love some recommendations. I want to know my son will enjoy himself and is in a place that will take good care of him. Thank you!!

check each line rules, but "clubs" usually after 3 years

they started to add some services for smaller kids, but they do change often - it might be payed sitter, or some play time with parents ...

we have been on Carnaval 5 years ago and it was just once a day play time, but may be it changed

NCL had play room for small kids with parents, but I heard they added some services for smaller ones.

but anyway - it was fun. Peak ship with playgrounds and kiddie pool and you will have good time

My daughter's first three cruises were on Carnival at age 23 months (one month short of being able to be in Camp Carnival), 3 and 4 years of age. There was a whole schedule of activities for the kids (and some with parents too, such as karaoke and cookie decorating). Not as expensive as Disney.

The mass market lines all have a children's program. How many kids on a specific sailing will depend on time of year (if school is on break or in session for most of the country), and length of cruise. Some cruises may have less activities if there's not many kids on board.

You can go on the various cruise line websites and look up the specifics for the kids' program.