Buying jewelry in Cozemel

cruisinmama

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cruisinmama:

What are the best bargains on jewelry in Cozemel? gemstones? gold? I figure silver is. Anybody have particular stores that are best to deal with? Should you haggle with all the stores?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would not buy jewelry in Cozumel,but that is me.If you wanted to pick up some silver earrings or a bracelet ok,but make sure it has a mark on it.There are much better places to buy jewelry,but you have to know what it really is before you buy. In the islands it is generally buyer beware.

Karen

Ü

icon_wink.gif jewelry

We agree with cberge - we have been to Cozumel many times and would not think about buying jewelry there.

If you want a bracelet or a pair of ear rings then shop at a cruise ship recommended store like: Diamonds International, Tanzanite International, Silver Imporium, Touch of Gold, Goodmark Jewelers, World of Jewels, etc.

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

I agree that you need to buy stones at one of the recommended stores. I always buy my sapphires, emeralds, etc from Columbian Emeralds. You can haggle and they will also give you the guarntee and the appraisal of your jewel. I have bought from them for 10 years and would do it all over again.

NAncy

• 2 weeks later...

Archived