Arcadia- Age group

leesam

Hi

We were thinking of inviting our daughter and boyfriend on a short cruise on the Arcadia this November but, after reading reviews I wonder if this is the right ship to take them on as the age group reported seems over 60.

I was wondering if a short cruise on the Arcadia attracts a younger age group and if anyone who has sailed on one of these cruises on the Arcadia have any comments please?

Edited by leesam

Hi, I think shorter cruises do attract younger people to a certain extent but by virtue of the fact she is adult only, the age demographic does tend to be older. I'm 47, and have been travelling with P&O for 10 years and the majority of those cruises were on Arcadia. I have met friends in my age group or younger and am still in touch with them and still cruise with them. I'm on Arcadia on Nov 3rd with friends and the age doesn't put me off at all! I don't think we have a greater or lesser experience based on the age of fellow passengers we just love the cruise experience, and actually have met some good older friends onboard too who we have also stayed in contact with. So I would go for it, I'm sure they would have a great time - I'm imagining they are in their 20s/30s?

We took our son and daughter with partners who are all in their 20s on Arcadia last year and they had a fab time. It was a short cruise though which attracts younger passengers. I thought the ship was really lovely.:)

There are still cabins for the 3rd Nov !!!

Are you on this one Florry. We just come back from Ventura on the 31st and I don't think work and hubby would agree, even though I would love to do it.:D

Yes we are on it, only 3 weeks left at work yippee! Watch the price it may drop suddenly then he might agree [emoji12]

Edited by Florry

I think Arcadia has a reputation for having a larger than average number of "older" people on her. But what is "older"? I suppose = retired?

We went on her in July to the Fjords and Nth Cape and were pleasantly surprised by the number of passengers who didn't have grey hair and wrinkles! :D (BTW - don't take offence - my husband went grey at 23! Never known him any different)

I think you get a fair proportion of older people on any cruise ship outside of the school holidays - partly because they have the time and the disposable income to be able to cruise.

So I would say take them with you - they will enjoy the experience whatever the age group. Oh, and some of us "older" people can be quite interesting and entertaining to talk to!, and we enjoy the company of younger people!

Edited by Mysticalmother

Hi

We were thinking of inviting our daughter and boyfriend on a short cruise on the Arcadia this November but, after reading reviews I wonder if this is the right ship to take them on as the age group reported seems over 60.

I was wondering if a short cruise on the Arcadia attracts a younger age group and if anyone who has sailed on one of these cruises on the Arcadia have any comments please?

If they're willing to come, then obviously they're willing to put up with the company of the older passengers, because you'd be "older passengers" yourselves. Don't get the impression that the "older passengers" are entirely confined to wheelchairs and going to bed with their Horlicks at 9 pm. Some of them (in fact, now I'm 50 I could say some of us) don't actually feel any different to when we were young. (ie. last year.)

If they're willing to come, then obviously they're willing to put up with the company of the older passengers, because you'd be "older passengers" yourselves. Don't get the impression that the "older passengers" are entirely confined to wheelchairs and going to bed with their Horlicks at 9 pm. Some of them (in fact, now I'm 50 I could say some of us) don't actually feel any different to when we were young. (ie. last year.)

I still feel 21, surely 50 is the new 40? [emoji6] Although I am usually in PJs by 9pm [emoji31]

I still feel 21, surely 50 is the new 40? [emoji6] Although I am usually in PJs by 9pm [emoji31]

Snap PJs for me at 9 too, more so with the dark nights approaching but I am ready to party if the chance comes along, but has to be at the weekend or on a cruise lol