Divina Aurea Suite balcony question

NSAHO79

Yes, the Divina suite balcony has metal rather than plexiglass as it is facing the front and there is more wind ! The balcony is off the large living room . The bedroom has a panoramic view ( still very private) with a wall of floor to ceiling windows. It has a walk in closet and an incredible amount of storage space . There is a second closet and many extra shelves. However , if you want the water view with the plexiglass , the Yacht Club would be better! However, that area of the ship is very quiet and private. I hope this helps!!

We were in room 9010. ! You cannot get outside from the bedroom although it looks like you can as it is a wall of windows. The picture posted is very accurate regarding the appearance of the balcony on MSC Divina although taken on a sister ship!! The balcony runs off the large living room ! It is a lovely private balcony in a port setting , but it is metal!!

We were in room 9010. ! You cannot get outside from the bedroom although it looks like you can as it is a wall of windows. The picture posted is very accurate regarding the appearance of the balcony on MSC Divina although taken on a sister ship!! The balcony runs off the large living room ! It is a lovely private balcony in a port setting , but it is metal!!

Well that resolved another question

Pity they are not part of YC

Aaccording to the UK site it's a panoramic window not a balcony. There is a 360 photo.

Can't comment on whether it's worth it, but would say when I did have a balcony in that position, it could not be used unless we were in port because of the wind when we were sailing.

What about the cabin 9009? It has part of the cabin on the side of the ship. Can it be used on sea days?

attachment.php?attachmentid=296746&stc=1&d=1388368500

I suppose this is 9009 ??

Still sad that they are not YC

Buts thats life , as my DH needs to be low as possible and preferably 1/3 from the back .

Guess why :o

Strangely the only big ships that offer suites in this position are Queen Vic and Lizzy. (Q3)

But hopefully someone will correct me :D

Oh and RCI have realized after all these years that luxury for some people does not

mean a good view over the roofs at some crappy port but a steady stomach

RCI Quantum Class has put most the suites down the rear and some are reasonably low.

Very Similar to Fantasia Class in some ways .

Will be interesting where these 2 classes are heading , as there is a big discussion going

on over at The QOS forum that the MDR is dead and being replaced by lots of different

restaurants .

Makes sense to me as 2 sitting MDR seems a bit quaint :cool:

The regular balcony suite on MSC Divina is beautiful with plexiglass and you feel very close to the water. My friend's husband can get sick and they were in the centre on deck 10 ---no problems !! It is such a big ship and feels very stable ! I think some of the Yacht Club suites do not have balconies so you need to check that out! I don't think any ship could top Divina for beauty , great food , cleanliness , and quality entertainment!! We did Princess last year and the we were very disappointed in the food and entertainment. The Divina shines and dazzles at every turn!!

The regular balcony suite on MSC Divina is beautiful with plexiglass and you feel very close to the water. My friend's husband can get sick and they were in the centre on deck 10 ---no problems

Well that is the other option but we will need adjoining balcony suites , due to the time we hope to

spend on them, as the DH needs a bit of workspace for his hobby . But it generally more expensive

and a compromise doing it that way than decent size suites.:o

Maybe a month on Quantum out of Southampton, and a month on MSC out of a Mediterranean Port.:)

• 10 months later...

Hi,

My husband & I just book the S3 suite 9010 on the Divina for next April. Our daughter, SIL and their 2 kids are booked in the B2 balcony cabin 9012 beside us. Does anyone know if there is a balcony divider between those 2 cabins that can be opened? I asked 2 different representatives with MSC and got 2 different answers.

Thanks!

Hi,

My husband & I just book the S3 suite 9010 on the Divina for next April. Our daughter, SIL and their 2 kids are booked in the B2 balcony cabin 9012 beside us. Does anyone know if there is a balcony divider between those 2 cabins that can be opened? I asked 2 different representatives with MSC and got 2 different answers.

Thanks!

I've not been on the Divina yet but on all the other MSC ships I've been on including her sister the Fantasia, the crew can open the dividers. They do this when they are working their way along cleaning the balconies.

You should be able to ask them to open the divider for you.

We sailed on MSC Fantasia earlier this year and booked an Aurea Balcony Suite (9010), which is one of the six Aurea Suites with balconies. The balcony is accessed off the separate living room area. The bedroom is on the front of the ship and has two double windows. There is a walk in robe and a bathroom containing a bath tub. The suite was very spacious and there was heaps of storage space.

We booked this suite because we were cruising with a 8 year old and wanted the ability to have separate sleeping areas, with a door in between. The lounge in the living room was a double sofa bed. This suite was absolutely perfect for us as a family.

I obtained the size of each of these Balcony Suites directly from MSC.

Cabin 9009 and 9010 - 41.3 sq. metres

Cabin 10007 and 10008 - 32.8 sq. metres

Cabin 11009 and 11010 - 38.1 sq. metres

These measurements are correct for MSC Fantasia and MSC Splendida. I am not sure if they apply to the other ships in the Fantasia class, but I suspect that they do.

I hope that this information is helpful to some.

• 3 months later...

When googling "msc divina 11010" this thread comes up. So if someone is looking info for that aurea suite I can tell something. It was awesome. It has a separate bedroom and living room. Bedroom has nice big windows looking forward. It also has a walk-in closet! Balcony is long from balcony door almost to bedroom window but of course it is little bit narrower than regular balcony. You can see bedroom and balcony from my photo:

Edited by JLawrence

When googling "msc divina 11010" this thread comes up. So if someone is looking info for that aurea suite I can tell something. It was awesome. It has a separate bedroom and living room. Bedroom has nice big windows looking forward. It also has a walk-in closet! Balcony is long from balcony door almost to bedroom window but of course it is little bit narrower than regular balcony. You can see bedroom and balcony from my photo:

Much appreciate it

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all: I tried to open the pic posted here of the Aurea Cabins or maybe it was YC? I have the little box with X in place of the pic & it doesn't open. We've upgraded, hugely for us, into this cabin. I couldn't sleep last night after I read some of the reviews. We love the included perks with the cabin class, but I need sunlight! It appears that the windows are considered "panoramic," but the view appears blocked on the bottom half or so, due to some type of solid railing -- which appears to extend several feet out from the window itself. Does anyone know anything about the décor of this cabin also? The rosy red is an eyesore to me! LOL. I am picky. I've cruised a few times and learned a few times. We enjoy the reserved-to-the-senses in our entertainment, the quiet and private type of cruise. Thanks so much for any comments or photos.

Beautiful, beautiful! I hope ours in #10006 is this lovely!!

Hi all: I tried to open the pic posted here of the Aurea Cabins or maybe it was YC? I have the little box with X in place of the pic & it doesn't open. We've upgraded, hugely for us, into this cabin. I couldn't sleep last night after I read some of the reviews. We love the included perks with the cabin class, but I need sunlight! It appears that the windows are considered "panoramic," but the view appears blocked on the bottom half or so, due to some type of solid railing -- which appears to extend several feet out from the window itself. Does anyone know anything about the décor of this cabin also? The rosy red is an eyesore to me! LOL. I am picky. I've cruised a few times and learned a few times. We enjoy the reserved-to-the-senses in our entertainment, the quiet and private type of cruise. Thanks so much for any comments or photos.

Wanted to let anyone reading this...we changed cabins. Continued with the Aurea Experience Package, but in cabin 12016. Anyone have any experience in this cabin?? TIA

Wanted to let anyone reading this...we changed cabins. Continued with the Aurea Experience Package, but in cabin 12016. Anyone have any experience in this cabin?? TIA

It has a slightly odd. half glass/half metal balcony screen.

it is not an in-hull all metal balcony like , deck 9, so nothing to worry about

12016.jpg

Pete

• 6 months later...
Yes, the Divina suite balcony has metal rather than plexiglass as it is facing the front and there is more wind ! The balcony is off the large living room . The bedroom has a panoramic view ( still very private) with a wall of floor to ceiling windows. It has a walk in closet and an incredible amount of storage space . There is a second closet and many extra shelves. However , if you want the water view with the plexiglass , the Yacht Club would be better! However, that area of the ship is very quiet and private. I hope this helps!!

Does the Living Room have a pull out sofa? Do you have any photos you could post? It would be appreciated!

• 11 months later...
Hi,

Thanks!

Any chance you might have any pictures of this suite/balcony? We just booked this same cabin for June 2017 and haven't been able to get confirmation on whether you could walk in front of the bedroom windows like cabin 11009. Thank you very much for your help!