Cunard Queen Mary 2 - Eastbound Transatlantic - 01/03/2017

Bostonjetset

Just booked!!

This will be my 2nd time on QM2 but a first for my mum who will be making the crossing with me since DH couldn't get time off work. I'm rather excited to be crossing in the winter time; hopefully we'll get a little motion to put Mary to the test.

Anyone else on this trip?

My husband isn't keen on winter crossings, so I'll be traveling this time with my friend Cheryl from Cincinnati. We're both seasoned Cunard travelers and look forward to a bit of motion too during the crossing

• 1 month later...
Indeed I hope there are more, I know of at least 3 others. See you at FOD.

E

That's six of us then at FOD. Just the right size for a cocktail party some evening in a Queens Grill stateroom, and I know someone whom has one! ;)

Greetings from a wet San Diego.

There will be four of us on this winter crossing which has become a bit of a tradition for our little group. The last few have been westbound crossings so we decided to change it up and head east.

Have a wonderful holiday season and see you in just over a week in the Commodore Lounge if not before!

Michael

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!

Tomorrow evening Cheryl and I catch Amtrak's mighty "Silver Meteor" to carry us in a sleeper to NYC. All of these months of waiting and it's almost here.

"Just the idea that it's going to happen kind of gets me."

___Capt. Frederick Way, Jr.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!

Tomorrow evening Cheryl and I catch Amtrak's mighty "Silver Meteor" to carry us in a sleeper to NYC. All of these months of waiting and it's almost here.

"Just the idea that it's going to happen kind of gets me."

___Capt. Frederick Way, Jr.

What a FABULOUS way to start your voyage!! I've always wanted to do a sleep train with Amtrak. I took one in China about 9 years ago and it was quite the experience though I feel as if Amtrak may be a bit different haha. Have a safe voyage and happy New Year to you as well [and everyone else too!]. See you onboard!

• 2 months later...
I'm on the June 15, 2017 QM2 eastbound crossing - my first Cunard. I hope you all had a great January trip. Does the QM2 hold an official FOD / LGBTQ reception at the beginning of the voyage, or is it word of mouth.

Oh yes, QM2 has an FOD scheduled for EVERY night of the voyage in the Commodore Club and it is well attended [at least on the two QM2 trips I've taken]. She is a much beloved ship among the LGBT community.

Have a fantastic trip! You'll be hooked.