Britannia November 19th, Barbados. A few questions

excited1969

Hi there

Extremely excited for the next 117 days to pass.

As you can imagine, so much is going around in my head an it's the daft little questions, like... do we need our own towels to take off ship ( I think I know that they are provided for pool area?)

Does anyone know what aircraft is used? flying out from Manchester Saturday 19th November to Barbados. A little disappointed that we can't pre-book seats yet. The personaliser says 90 days before.

Does anyone have any clues as to the excursions on offer? although I do think we'll discover ourselves as opposed to shore excursions.

The restaurants.. Can you eat in any of them? (with exception to the fee'd ones)

Lastly.. (for now) Dressing up for gala nights.. is a nice dress acceptable or should it be full on cocktail/ballgown attire for the ladies.. Tux or business suit for the gents?

Than you in advance, I'm sure I'll be back :) xx

Hi there

Extremely excited for the next 117 days to pass.

As you can imagine, so much is going around in my head an it's the daft little questions, like... do we need our own towels to take off ship ( I think I know that they are provided for pool area?)

Does anyone know what aircraft is used? flying out from Manchester Saturday 19th November to Barbados. A little disappointed that we can't pre-book seats yet. The personaliser says 90 days before.

Does anyone have any clues as to the excursions on offer? although I do think we'll discover ourselves as opposed to shore excursions.

The restaurants.. Can you eat in any of them? (with exception to the fee'd ones)

Lastly.. (for now) Dressing up for gala nights.. is a nice dress acceptable or should it be full on cocktail/ballgown attire for the ladies.. Tux or business suit for the gents?

Than you in advance, I'm sure I'll be back :) xx

We did the Caribbean from Barbados earlier this year, has a great time, I'm sure you will too. In answer to your questions:

They provide dark blue pool towels that you can take off the ship. You can generally spot your fellow cruisers on the beach in any port from the blue towels!

The aircraft used depends on who you fly with. P&O usually charter flights with either Thomsons or Thomas Cook. we went with Thomsons on the Dreamliner. If its there, check your flight number in your Cruise Personliser that should give you a clue.

Excursion details will appear highlighted in your online Cruise Personaliser. I would have thought yours should be on there any time now, if they're not there already. Doing DIY excursions is general straightforward - check out the resort forums on here for some guidance and suggestions if you need them.

You will be allocated on of the three main restaurants as your main dining room (MDR) for evening dinner, but of course you can also use the buffet restaurant at any time as an alternative to the MDR. The table service restaurants for breakfast and lunch may be different from your allocated evening dining room (you can also use the buffet for these meals), but it's all made clear in the daily newsletter you receive every day on board.

Formal evenings require smart dresses (not necessarily full on ballgown) and either dark suits or tuxedos. You find on P&O cruises most people generally do make a good effort for formal nights, and I really enjoyed making the effort - the central atrium makes for a very glamorous setting as people have pre-dinner drinks in there.

Hope this helps - have a great cruise!

We're doing the same cruise the fortnight before you, and we've just got the excursions on the Personaliser over the weekend. Maybe yours will be another week or two? With regards to the flight, I believe it's the Thomson Dreamliner for a Friday flight (which we have) and Thomas Cook on Saturday flights? Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

We've not been with P&O before but are on the same cruise as you, so cant really answer your questions about life on board, however, we're on the 09:15 flight from MAN and from our research it's with Thomas Cook on an A330-200.

I believe there could also be a slightly later flight (if needed) around 10:15 but not sure what plane that is.

We've not been with P&O before but are on the same cruise as you, so cant really answer your questions about life on board, however, we're on the 09:15 flight from MAN and from our research it's with Thomas Cook on an A330-200.

I believe there could also be a slightly later flight (if needed) around 10:15 but not sure what plane that is.

Hi

yes that's our flight too. I've read that all premium economy are already sold out but yet we can't even look at them for another month, hoping my partner wont be too uncomfortable as he's 6ft 4in.

We'll just make the best of it. I like the idea of toilets downstairs as it's a good excuse to get up and move about.

116 days to go :)

xx

Excited 1969

We cruise in the Caribbean every year with P&O and have done so since 2005, with regard to excursions we normally do our own thing but it depends on what you want to do.

At every port you call at you are normally right in the town centre, there will be numerous taxis and small minibuses vying for your trade say for example you are in Antiguia and wanted to go to English Harbour just approach the taxi dispatcher tell where you want to go he will gather a group of say eight for a minibus and tell you a price if that suits you get aboard, the driver will then arrange a suitable time to come back and get you payment is normally made on arrival at the ship.

As to dining as others have said you will find a small card in your cabin assigning you a main dining room either Freedom(2xDining Rooms), Club 1xDining Room, on the first night you go to assigned dining room thereafter if Freedom you can use either of the Freedom arriving at any time during its opening hours tables for two are at a premium and you may have to take a pager and await a table but if willing to share you will be seated right away.

Breakfast can be taken in MDR or Buffet, lunch likewise or on deck at the Burger/Pizza/Grab and go facility's on the pool deck, in addition to aforesaid you can dine in the Glasshouse for both lunch/Dinner at a small charge.

I would also recommend Sindhu I avoided this restaurant up until 2 years ago as I like a good robust Curry and didn't think Sindhu would be my thing, how wrong I was food is excellent.

I do hope you have a great cruise.

Edited by Sanjam cruisers