Which ship for a 4 nighter?

CEV426

I am trying to hook up with some family members for a quickie 4 night cruise out of Port Canaveral. For the date that I need, my choices are Carnival's Fantasy or RCL Soverign. Since I am quite used the level of cuisine on Celebrity, will I be very disappointed with Carnival? I am willing to try anything, I just want to know what to expect...or not to expect. I was originally thinking of going with the Soverign, but I have read some unfavorable feedback. Any opinions?

Zenith 09/97
Rhapsody of the Seas 2/98
Zenith 6/99
Sea Princess 7/01
Mercury 01/03

[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]Hate to rain on anyone's parade but I got food poisoning on SOS (physician's opinion) and spent one full day and night of our little four day junket in bed. I was so sick the steward had a wheelchair waiting outside our cabin on the morning of our debarkation. The food on this ship isn't even close to what you've experienced on any Celebrity ship. Couldn't ever recommend Carnival, in fact, I wouldn't recommend any four day cruise at all. I don't think the staff really gets into the passengers. They're here, they're gone kind of thing. I've even done a 4 day on Summit recently and it was not up to Celebrity's usual standards. Go for a week and forget the four day idea.

You know, some people can only go on 4 night cruises! Your opinion of a week is ok, but don't knock the 4 nighters!! We are going with our family on our 3rd 4-nighter cruise over Thanksgiving, and we have a blast and have never gotten sick, (by the way, you can get food poisoning anywhere, not just SOS)...
We have gone on The Sensation twice, and our next 4-nighter is going to be on the Fascination! Leaving Miami - Key West - Cozumel - Sea Day - back to Miami....

4 nighters are just fine!!!!

Beth

Carnival - Sensation
4/00
RCCL - Sovereign of the Seas
12/02
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea
11/03

Leaving on the Fascination, come on Thanksgiving!!
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;22;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Sorry, correction:

We sailed the Sensation (7 night) once, SOS once (4 night), and Majesty of the Seas once (4 night) - coming up in Nov. - Fascination (4-night)...

4 nighters are great, but I do think a 5 nighter would be better! But, I ain't knocking the 4-nighters!!!

Beth

Carnival - Sensation
4/00
RCCL - Sovereign of the Seas
12/02
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea
11/03

Leaving on the Fascination, come on Thanksgiving!!
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;22;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

It looks like I have no decent choices here. My plan B is to take a round trip from NY on the NCL Dawn which stops in Port Canaveral and we can just visit the family during our stop since I wont really be heartsick at missing any excursions in the Orlando area. The NCL Dawn is a decent sized new ship and looks lovely. Since I have no experience with NCL.....anyone want to give their 2 cents on plan B? The NCL Dawn has to be a better choice than SOS or Fantasy, plus I save on airfare and get a 7 day cruise for about the same as the 4 day ones. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Zenith 09/97
Rhapsody of the Seas 2/98
Zenith 6/99
Sea Princess 7/01
Mercury 01/03

• 2 weeks later...
My DW and I have enjoyed the RCCL Majesty of the Seas for a four night cruise during Massachusetts April school vacation. We booked an oceanview cabin for $775 for the both of us. This particular cruise sails out of Miami and we usually book a Priceline Hotel (we've stayed at the Doubletree, Raddison and Sheraton, none for more than $40 a night) for one or two nights prior. With an abundance of frequent flier miles, we are normally able to fly free. As a result, it becomes a five or six day mini vacation for less than $1000, a great value and a good time for my teacher DW.

Archived