Where will Insignia dock in Hobart Monday May 18?

wenjoyjack

Can anyone tell me how I can find the answer to this question.

As a Hobart resident and Oceania traveller I look forward to seeing Insignia in port here on 18 May. We last travelled on her in Europe last September and look forward to joining her again in July for the Montreal to London segment of the next world cruise.

I see that you already have the link to Hobart port details. The ship will berth at Macquarie Wharf No 2 which is almost in the city itself. Hobart receives around 40 - 50 cruise ship visits a year. Volunteers are usually in the cruise centre to assist with questions and advice. Many lines provide shuttles to the city centre, but this is hardly necessary as the walk from the wharf around the waterfront area is extremely attractive and is adjacent to the city. The area is atmospheric and historic (meaning post 1804 here which hardly qualifies compared to many other places.)

If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to try to answer.

As a Hobart resident and Oceania traveller I look forward to seeing Insignia in port here on 18 May. We last travelled on her in Europe last September and look forward to joining her again in July for the Montreal to London segment of the next world cruise.

I see that you already have the link to Hobart port details. The ship will berth at Macquarie Wharf No 2 which is almost in the city itself. Hobart receives around 40 - 50 cruise ship visits a year. Volunteers are usually in the cruise centre to assist with questions and advice. Many lines provide shuttles to the city centre, but this is hardly necessary as the walk from the wharf around the waterfront area is extremely attractive and is adjacent to the city. The area is atmospheric and historic (meaning post 1804 here which hardly qualifies compared to many other places.)

If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to try to answer.

We have been to Tassie a few times as our best friends lived in Devonport for many years and we love everything about it. This time we want to visit MONA as we have seen quite a bit of Hobart, Richmond etc. is this quite doable in the time we have available?

We have been to Tassie a few times as our best friends lived in Devonport for many years and we love everything about it. This time we want to visit MONA as we have seen quite a bit of Hobart, Richmond etc. is this quite doable in the time we have available?

MONA is now about the biggest attraction in Hobart. It is certainly doable in the time the ship is in port.

The best way to get there is by the dedicated fast ferry (there is also a coach service) both of which leave from the Brooke Street Pier - easy walking distance from the ship. Both the ferry and the coach have 9.30am departures, taking about 30 minutes to get to MONA.

Return departures for the ferry are 13.45, 15.00 and (if there are sufficient are sufficient numbers) 16.00. The next services is 17.00 which would be too late. Coach departures are 14.30 and 16.30.

I hope that this helps.