Disney Dream catagory 9D

Got2GoGo

I have searched many times, using different combinations of key words, but cannot find what I am looking for, so please forgive me if I've overlooked the information I am seeking.

My sister and I are booked on the Disney Dream in stateroom 7006, which is a Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Porthole (obstructed view) (09D). This is a corner room, all the way forward, with one large porthole in a slanted wall (view is toward bow of ship).

I picked this room due to its size - over 400 sq ft (although listed as the same size as regular Oceanview rooms). I found a few photos online and the layout is sort of odd and the window is on the slanted wall, thus the obstructed view.

My sister and I are both short, so I don't think the slanted wall and window will be an issue for us. The room seems a bargain for the size, but after seeing the layout, my sister has balked - saying it looks like an attic room.

Has anyone on Cruise Critic stayed in the forward corner rooms? If so, please share your experience, thoughts and advice. Would you book this room again? Why or why not? TIA

A quick Google search of Disney Dream 7006 produced a thread with links to pictures of cabins layed out like this one. I can't post a link because I believe it's not allowed.

Looks like the angle of the wall only impacts the head of the beds and the rest of the room is a normal size.

You should be able to find the photos without much issue.

Thanks, I did find photos of the room layout, which is why my sister thinks it looks like an attic. More to the point is actual reviews from people who have stayed in this type room, hence my questions: "Would you stay in this type room again? Why or why not?"

on the 5th sailing only at that time it was a 9A I believe

we really loved the space--the room is huge--

although we werent real thrilled with the small slanted window--we basically had to go under the window to be able to see anything

also the couch is in that corner--cant see out the window or the tv from the couch

because of the window the room is now the 9D

on the plus side it was very quite since the only foot traffic are the people right around you

I dont think we would book the room again because of the window issue

also it would not be too good for a family since there is no privacy curtain

there is the split bath which is nice

so that is just my opinion on this room hope it helps a little

have a great cruise

Although these cabins may look like an attic in the photos, with it's angled walls/ceilings, this cabin is huge. The attic affect is obviously variable depending on the occupants. The angled ceiling depending on cabin local is located only in the forward wall, unless in the corner, which actualy gives you more sqft.

Only problem is most of these cabins sleep 3 or less pax,

Just wait till you enter.

I dare to say these forward cabins are nearly as popular as the aft cabins.

OK, that may be a stretch, but they are big. They have a following.

So huge they couldn't/didn't install a divider curtain.

You could bring a tricycle for a child in these corner cabins.

They are all the way forward, so motion could manifest itself depending on the seas.

IOW if the boat encounters seas, those in these cabins will be the first to notice. :)

my 2 cents

Enjoy

Edited by bear3412