Alaskan Port Times & Early Dinner Question

brenton

Hello! We are going on the 7 night Alaskan cruise next year out of Vancouver. Though we haven't gotten to the point where we can book excursions, we are super excited and have been looking into them. This is our third cruise, but first non-Caribbean one. I noticed some of the all aboard times are later than the two cruises we were previously on. In particular, Skagway and Ketchikan both have all aboard times of 7:45pm. We are currently scheduled for early dinner that starts at 5:45pm. I was curious how people made that work? Like I said, we haven't signed up for any excursions yet, but definitely will want to. Do all the excursions pretty much end before 5:45 or do we need to be weary of that when signing up? I guess the only other option is to switch to late lunch, but then would we miss the early shows? Any comments or descriptions from people who have gone on this cruise before would be very helpful! Thank you!

The excursion timings are something to be aware of when booking. Some offer dinner ashore as part of the excursion.

Your other options are Cabana's for a sit down meal if you miss the MDR. The later port time also allows for those that wish to eat ashore in a restaurant. Others may return to the ship in time for their regular assigned dining time.

As for missing shows, there are only 3 main production shows, Golden Mickey's, The new Frozen musical, and Disney Dreams.

The other shows or events in the WDT are the welcome aboard show, an entertainer x2 nights and a movie.

Here are the Navigators from a July cruise this year, and on Skagway evening it was a movie, and on Ketchikan it was an entertainer, so you wouldn't miss the main production shows.

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2016/08/personal-navigators-7-night-alaskan-cruise-vancouver-july-11-2016/

HTH's!

ex techie