Catamaran Tour Wanted

AtlAlyson

Sailing on the Celebrity Silhouette and want a catamaran tour of the island. Snorkel, drinking, and a fun small group. Tried to book with Leeward Island Charters but they are with Royal and Celebrity on their tours so you have to go through the cruise line. I loath cruise organized tours but will do it if this is the best out there.

On Celebrity page it is $100 4.5 hours and the reviews are not great.

I am cruising Silly mid Feb on same itinerary. I want to do the same type excursion as you and researched for hours. I found that all of the companies that offer catamaran's on the island are contracted by cruise ships and will not let you book directly. The only way to book is through the ships.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was not able to find free space on any of the tour companies that I found. The ones that I did find only work with certain cruise lines when the boats are in port. Having a large group of people on the boat from the cruise line directly did not appeal to me.

I hope you find a good boat and crew though.

There are only two catamaran operators in St Kitts/Nevis. Leeward Island Charters & Blue Water Safaris. They both have contracts/agreements with the various cruise lines that call on St Kitts on a regular basis. In my opinion this is a good deal for them as well as the fare paying passengers. I would not want to invest several hundred thousand dollars and probably more in an operation such as theirs without having some sort of guarantee about passenger loads.

There are only two catamaran operators in St Kitts/Nevis. Leeward Island Charters & Blue Water Safaris. They both have contracts/agreements with the various cruise lines that call on St Kitts on a regular basis. In my opinion this is a good deal for them as well as the fare paying passengers. I would not want to invest several hundred thousand dollars and probably more in an operation such as theirs without having some sort of guarantee about passenger loads.

Is Welcome Tours - Tourskittsand nevis.com part of one of these 2 companies? Their website lists a full and half day catamaran/snorkel trip on a 65 ft. cat. named Irie Lime or sister boat, Swaliga. I'm looking for a private company for a group of 19 in August.

Each operator has several catamarans. Leeward Island Charters has the Caona, based at the Four Seasons in Nevis, the Spirit of St Kitts and the Eagle in St Kitts. Blue Water Safaris has three sailing catamarans, the Irie Lime, the Falcom & the Swaliga. They also have a power catamaran, the Moko Jumbie. The tour companies you mention are brokers of tours on St Kitts.

• 1 month later...
Each operator has several catamarans. Leeward Island Charters has the Caona, based at the Four Seasons in Nevis, the Spirit of St Kitts and the Eagle in St Kitts. Blue Water Safaris has three sailing catamarans, the Irie Lime, the Falcom & the Swaliga. They also have a power catamaran, the Moko Jumbie. The tour companies you mention are brokers of tours on St Kitts.

So Welcome Tours is a broker for Blue Water Safari it sounds like? I have no problem using a broker, she's been very helpful. My question is they quote a price for children under 12 of $31 and adults/$61. Apparently that does not include 12 year olds. On Blue Water Safaris website it does say 12 and under. This matters since we have 3, 12 year olds in our group of 19. Has anyone had experience booking a catamaran cruise with Welcome Tours-TourstkittsandNevis.

Thank you for any info.

• 2 weeks later...
I contacted Welcome tours twice last week to book a catamaran excursion, but have never heard back from them...

I just finished booking a 1/2 day snorkel/catamaran cruise on 8/6 with Beulah from Welcome Tours. She's always been very prompt with emails, either same day or an automated response saying she's not available, and then follows up the next day. She has even called me twice on my cell phone. I just emailed her to relay your message and ask if there's room on our trip. We have 18 people. I'll let you know what she says.

I just finished booking a 1/2 day snorkel/catamaran cruise on 8/6 with Beulah from Welcome Tours. She's always been very prompt with emails, either same day or an automated response saying she's not available, and then follows up the next day. She has even called me twice on my cell phone. I just emailed her to relay your message and ask if there's room on our trip. We have 18 people. I'll let you know what she says.

Update: Sorry, I thought I was posting on our roll call page:), assuming you were on the same cruise. We're on Independence of the Seas 8/2/15.

Update: Sorry, I thought I was posting on our roll call page:), assuming you were on the same cruise. We're on Independence of the Seas 8/2/15.

We are on this cruise and have been looking for a sailing trip. We did a private sail a couple years ago in St. Thomas and it was the best part of the cruise. I'll have to get a hold of them. Thanks for the info!!!