Sample Daily Programs

ilovhywd

I tried the search box to see if anyone has posted some sample daily programs, (especially for sea days), but the search did not come up with any results. Does anyone know where I could find some daily programs online?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I tried the search box to see if anyone has posted some sample daily programs, (especially for sea days), but the search did not come up with any results. Does anyone know where I could find some daily programs online?

Thanks!

I would be interested in knowing the same thing as you. Thinking about going on a 24 day cruise with lots of C days. Would like to know if they have a bridge director, dance lessons and what else they have during the day. Also does not appear that Regent has much dancing. We are ballroom dancers and like to do a little dancing before and after dinner. From what I see the ship does not have much of that left of quiet lounges to have a dinner drink.

We are trying to compare Regent to Crystal, as we are very familiar with Crystal. Evenings on Crystal were very active in several venues.

Can anyone advise if the Mariner has equivalent venues to these?

a Saloon with a very popular lively piano bar.

a disco/karaoke venue open late every night.

There is before- and after-dinner dancing in 2 venues.

There is a movie theater with 2 showings each night - 8:30 and 10:30

There is sometimes a different late night show in addition to the regular show.

We would like to try Mariner, but unsure if it would be lively enough for us. Thanks for your responses.

ilovhywd - Having cruised within the last two years on Crystal (Symphony) with lots of sea days and on a crossing on Mariner, I will try to answer several of your questions.

There really is not a venue on Mariner that compares to the intimate Avenue Saloon on Crystal, with a high degree of interaction between the pianist and the audience. On our cruise, we had the pleasure of having Mark Farris in the Avenue Saloon and were thereby quite spoiled (if you like his sort of schtick). On our several Mariner cruises, we have had excellent pianists in the lounges; but they do not interact with the passengers the way that the performers in the Avenue Saloon on Crystal do.

There is usually dancing in at least one lounge before and after dinner on Mariner, as one lounge usually has a pianist and the other a small instrumental group with a singer. On our Mariner crossing, a couple we met who were avid ballroom dancers were quite happy with the arrangements, as they often shared the dance floor with only one or two other couples.

Mariner does not have a dedicated movie theatre in the style of Crystal. Occasionally, a movie will be shown in the lovely Constellation Theatre instead of a show in the evening. By the way, the Constellation Theatre on Mariner is emphatically superior to the showroom on Symphony. On Mariner, there are great sight lines from almost every seat and a significant change in elevation from the front the of theatre to the back, allowing everyone to see over the heads of the people in front of them.

Since Mariner has open dining, there is not a different late show to accommodate people who dine at the second fixed time. The regular show on Mariner occurs fairly late, usually at 9:30.

One must bear in mind that although Mariner has a higher passenger to space ratio than either of the Crystal ships, Mariner is smaller, carrying only 700 passengers. Therefore, some offerings on Crystal (such as a dedicated movie theatre) are not available on Mariner or any other Regent ship.

Cheers, Fred

Edited by freddie

Fred-

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed response.

You have provided us with a great deal of information. It is very much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk