Still on Waitlist for cruise leaving on June 30th... any suggestions/help

amichael1020

Hi guys, my husband and I planned a very last minute honeymoon.

When we first started looking a few weeks ago, there were many different cabin options still available... and then NOTHING!

We already have airline tickets (i know.. crazy that we did that first but.. too late at this point)

We paid the $200 refundable deposit to get on the wait list.

Any suggestions? Has anyone had any success making the ship on waitlist status?

I was super excited this morning that the listing went from "sold out" to now two options showing again... but still nothing. Called CCL - still no luck. Not sure why the website is playing with my emotions :(

Persistence might pay off. Call Carnival every hour and make polite inquiry if anything is available. You are really up against the clock though. I don't know your financial situation, but sometimes a Penthouse or Owners suite is available, but do not show in the normal inventory. Never hurts to ask.

You might check if another cruise line has space (though doubtful as most are fully booked before sailing) leaving from the same port.

I would also scour Google with the ship name and sail date as a travel agent might have a last minute cabin. A long shot, but worth a try.

I feel your pain. I wish I had better suggestions that could assure you a slot.

Don't despair, I got on a wait list on Saturday for a cruise leaving 6/29- Like a PP suggested, I just kept calling today, and I was able to get an OV cheaper than the interior rooms were the last time they were available. They were supposed to call me and let me know the room was available, and I was 8th on the list, but I just kept calling and was able to get in! Be persistent!

Don't wait for them to call you. As another poster said, call every hour if you can. If something opens up, it may be gone (others calling too) by the time they get to the waitlist.

Or, what about another ship, cruise line leaving from the same port, same day??

Best of luck to you!:)