Viking Star cruise, 4/22-5/6, Barcelona to Bergen

JoJo in Lafayette

We were not able to sign up for the tour to the Alhambra on 4/25. Does anyone have suggestions on how to find a small group tour that day?

Also, we're booking our own excursions in Barcelona and have a small group tour for 4/23 started with these folks

https://barcelonadaytours.com/

Check them out if you want to join us. JoAnn

We were not able to sign up for the tour to the Alhambra on 4/25. Does anyone have suggestions on how to find a small group tour that day?

Also, we're booking our own excursions in Barcelona and have a small group tour for 4/23 started with these folks

https://barcelonadaytours.com/

Check them out if you want to join us. JoAnn

Also, contact Viking at tellus@vikingcruises.com and ask them if they will be adding more buses for the tour to the Alhambra--and urge them to please do so. Keep checking MyVikingJourney to see if places have opened up on the tour. They will not notify you if they do, so you have to keep checking.

We do have a roll call but it's a bit confusing because of how it is labeled. Hope this helps. Make sure you sign up for meet and mingle.

Not sure what to tell you on sold out tours except to contact Viking and let them know your concerns.

Viking Star Scandinavia to Spain cruise - April 22 2016 from Barcelona"

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2428621

I have contacted Vikiing and they are no help whatsoever. I do check every day for any cancellations which is all I can do until I board and then I believe I can put our name on a waiting list. I suggested that they create a message board on their website for specific cruises so conversations could take place. I also suggested that they should have a waiting list so they could see just how popular each sold out excursion is.

• 4 months later...

We really liked the itinerary. It was interesting and diverse. We had to skip Porto due to high winds and that was disappointing but what can you do. We felt like every port was a bit rushed - lots to see and no time to see it. It took over 2 hours each way to/from Seville, leaving only 3 hours in town. We were lucky to see 2 churches and have lunch but really couldn't do much else. We were not able to get the excursion to the Alhambra either. Felt like we need to take a land trip to Spain and Portugal but cruises really do only give you a "taste" of what's there. The 2 ports in France were perfect for us as we got to see Normandy and Giverney. Saw Stonehenge out of Southampton. Norway turned out to be a delight, partly because of the weather (sunny and 65) which made everyone there very happy. Bergen is charming and the train ride to Oslo was beautiful. Wish we'd had one more day in Oslo as I feel like we saw a lot but could have used another day for museums and just hanging out with these friendly people.

We were not able to get many of the excursions we wanted thru Viking. We booked our own in Normandy with Bayeaux Shuttle and with Spire Tours in Stonehenge. The excursion process is a very weak link for Viking. Both of these outside vendors were wonderful. It's fun to be on the Viking tours as you meet others from the cruise, but being on a smaller excursion allows you to be more nimble and see more. There's not much to see in Cherbourg or Southampton so taking an all day tour works.