Post Cruise Nausea???

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Ask a Cruise Question
Post your general cruise questions here.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:58 PM.
12 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
My wife is feeling nauseated after spending seven days on a cruise. We took Gravol throughout our trip and generally felt fine. On the flight home, she started feeling sick to her stomach. We have been back for three days now, no longer taking Gravol, and she still has an upset stomach at points through the day. Also, we have both experienced the "swaying of the boat" days after the end of the cruise. Has anyone else experienced nausea after their cruise? How did you get rid of it?

Thanks

P.S. Cruising is awesome!!
Atlanta, GA
1,307 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
You have yet to regain your land legs. It can take up to a week after a cruise to regain your equilibrium. Have no fear...it will subside.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Join the NAVY, see the world. Been there, done it TWICE!!!

<CENTER>Cruise History</CENTER><CENTER>USS America CV-66 86'-90' Med/IO- N.Atlantic- Desert Shield/Storm</CENTER><CENTER>NSGA Pearl Harbor 90'-95'</CENTER><CENTER>Carnival Imagination 4/2001</CENTER><CENTER>Carnival Imagination 7/2002</CENTER><CENTER>Carnival Sensation 7/2004</CENTER><CENTER>Norwegian Sun 11/2005</CENTER><CENTER>Royal Caribbean Sovereign of the Seas 11/2006</CENTER><CENTER>Carnival Imagination 7/2007</CENTER><CENTER>Grand Princess 12/2007</CENTER><CENTER>Carnival Imagination 11/2008</CENTER><CENTER>Carnival Destiny 6/2009</CENTER><CENTER>Carnival Imagination 10/2009</CENTER><CENTER>Carnival Destiny 6/2010</CENTER>
Carnival Imagination 10/2010 Dance with Hurricane Paula
Carnival Fascination 9/2011 FINALLY PLATINUM
Carnival Imagination 10/2012
Carnival Valor 6/2013
Carnival Fascination 11/13
Carnival Dream 8/2014
toronto,Canada
2,028 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
This happened to my friend who cruised with me I was fine after the cruise she was feel nausea, and a little dizzy for about a week after the cruise..if it lasts longer than that I'd see the Dr...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sailed on The Miracle Nov 08: Ports: Ft. Lauderdale, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, St. Lucia..

Sailed on the Nieuw Amsterdam Feb.2011: Ports: Ft. Lauderdale, St. Maarten, Grand Turk,San Juan,Half Moon Cay....
Pennsylvania
13,985 Posts
Joined May 2007
Originally posted by cb at sea
Or, you "picked up" some sort of "bug"...it should soon pass!
Maybe not for nine months.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature