About Me

• Interests
    Photography, Cooking, Videography, Christmas, Movies
  • Favorite Cruise Line(s)
    The one I'm sailing today.
  • Favorite Cruise Destination Or Port of Call
    Alaska, St. Maarten

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

CruisingWalter's Achievements

1. And as a follow-up to the Vlogs and Blogs, there are multiple that mention the ability to "upgrade to a black sea band as a regular Sailor." I have to deal with those ALL the time. "But this vlogger says I can do it!" They were given the black band as part of the invite to the ship so they could show Richard's Rooftop but regular sailors cannot upgrade. It's not possible even though a vlogger said you could do it. Take all vloggers with a grain of salt. 🙂
  2. What happens on blogs and vlogs, your opinion or my opinion don't matter. What matters is the official policy from VV. Other cruise lines specifically mention "Order from any/select restaurants and have your dinner in your suite." In those cases the guest would be right to be upset if their butler did not bring the food to the room. Virgin Voyages leaves that vague as 'no matter the ask.' Until they make it a specific perk for the suite, it's up to the agent on what they will do.
  3. VV simply says "no matter the ask, you have your agent." They do not list restaurant delivery as a specific perk. It's up to the individual agent to interpret whether they can deliver food from a restaurant to your suite. Until they specifically add it to the list of perks, its going to be up to the agent to decide if they are going to honor the request. https://www.virginvoyages.com/cabins/suites
  4. That's up to the agent, but it's not a defined benefit so there's no requirement for the agent to do so, nor is there a reason to complain if the agent doesn't do it. If VV has it listed as a specific benefit, then the agent will be required to do so. What VV Insider has to say has nothing to do with official policies. Until VV adds "Order in your suite from any restaurant" to the Mega Rockstar Perks, it's not included.
  5. You purchase the Express Pass or Faster Chill pass, they're in with all the packages. Capacity controlled so when they run out, they run out.
  6. That's not offered for any of the suites on VV. You might get that on other lines, but not VV. If you want the restaurant menu, you go to the restaurant. The Mega experience totally depends on your rockstar agent. Our favorite suite on the ship is the Rockstar Cheeky Corner Suite. Our Agent was spot on and if they weren't, no big deal. The suite and the balcony are my favorite at sea so far across 11 cruise lines. Anytime we can book the Cheeky Corner on 11, 12 or 13 that is my happiest of happy places at sea.
  7. Definitely leans American, heavily. That's their core audience. I don't know many European brands that offer a French Toast Burger for breakfast. 🙂 Steak, sandwiches, sweets, pretty much the entire menu leans into the American palette. Afternoon tea is lovely, that's more British but it should be. It's $19/pp but totally worth it.
  8. Both would be far too expensive to add to Royal Caribbean or any cruise ship. Not to mention the license with Disney for Hamilton. Wicked's licensing rates will be skyrocketing with the movie coming out. Wizard of Oz is about as close as you'll come to a new 'broadway' show. While it may never have appeared on Broadway in that form, it does have an incredible 16 piece orchestra that makes the show reminiscent of Broadway. A live full orchestra really enhances that production. It was the license with the Baum family that required the orchestra and I'm so glad it does. Typically shows that make it to any cruise ships are not the top tier shows. Mamma Mia, Cats, Grease, Saturday Night Fever and Hairspray are the current shows. Older and cheaper to license. Hairspray is the best of the bunch for me, they really do a great job with that show. The only 'new show' to appear on a ship recently is Beetlejuice on NCL Prima, but that was only after NCL gutted most of their broadway shows. Fortunately Royal Caribbean does a good job with their original shows, but they tend to lean more heavily into tech than story and song. Princess is probably the best at developing traditional original broadway style shows. But then they work with Broadway producers to create some of them. They're probably the most underrated shows at sea.
  9. If you are calling VV, you're already too late. Need to work with a TA who jumps in there the moment they open up. 🙂
  10. On the App under "Add-Ons." If it's not there, then you may not have it.
  11. I've not heard of this with Rockstars, just the regular sailors at 45 days.
  12. Resilient has been sailing completely different areas than Valiant, especially of late. Resilient has primarily been in Europe and for a while in Australia while Valiant has been in Miami for over a year now. While the ships are basically the same, the experiences will be completely different due to the different areas of the world, different clientele onboard and different vendors who supply the ships. Not to mention the the dining team will be completely different. So it's a bit of an 'apples and oranges' comparison with the two ships operating in completely different environments. Choose the ship that best meets your needs and book it. You'll have a good time on either ship. We've sailed Scarlet and Valiant so far. We're on a 2 night preview with Resilient in November. We've had a great time on all the Ladyships.
  13. We've not experienced that double registration thing. Usually we just say "We're DBE" and they point us to the priority line. Perhaps they are double checking everyone vs. just looking at the app screen now?
  14. You can board early if you have the Express Pass or Faster Chill pass.
  15. Brunch absolutely can be booked in advance, just not on disembarkation day. We do that all the time.

If you are already a Cruise Critic member, please log in with your existing account information or your email address and password.