podgeandrodge

Members
Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

podgeandrodge's Achievements

Cool Cruiser

Cool Cruiser (2/15)

1. The wife telling me she doesn't want to line up checking in separately and she has enough latitude and fos meals already yada yada 😄
  2. Thing is, as far as I recall, the Joy was in dry dock for about 5 weeks no? The Bliss is only 2 weeks - seems optimistic to get the observation lounge work and other work done in that small time? Edit - I see that Joy was also getting the Vibe beachclub like Bliss. So maybe the Bliss is simply getting the observation lounge partial conversion to new cabins.
  3. Of course, I understand. Wasn't implying you made any mistake, was just clarifying my situation. I had previously just said I was European. Thanks.
  4. I probably wouldn't have bothered, but I fail to see how you see this as gaming the system. If NCL are happy for no single supplement to apply, and 2 adults to book separate cabins, then that is that. I actually mentioned it earlier to my NCL cruise consultant and he said "hey, way to go!". But as mentioned, I don't really do a lot of speciality meals anyway so probably would not have bothered. But for some it could be well worth it, especially if wanting excursion credits doubled too.
  5. Exactly. As it turns out, there is a single supplement today, but there wasn't yesterday, so it's a moot point now anyway. 😄
  6. Thanks all! (Yes, was talking about platinum/sapphire etc. vouchers). Whether we actually book 2 cabins for the extra meals, and then have a sort of "hello cabin attendant, we're messing around like this", is another question. And checking in twice etc. Seems a bit more hassle than worth it...but....
  7. Well, in Ireland, they don't look for your old passport back when issuing a new one. As to whether the old one is technically valid until its original expiry date, I don't know. But visually, it's still fine, as I found out with NCL!
  8. Am I right on the doubling up of the Latitude dinner vouchers - or would they say, no, you're breaking the rules!
  9. Husband and Wife travelling - there are cabins available with no single supplement - is there a benefit to booking 2 cabins? Seems crazy, but would this mean you'd get 4 meals for 2 rather than just 2. And each traveller would get excursion credits. And daily service fee would be the same total for 1 in each cabin as 2 in one cabin. Thoughts?
  10. Yes, good point - I took both with me, but showed the old (still in date) one for the reason of seeing would NCL accept it, which they did. But on another occasion who knows.
  11. I was on the Joy recently and agree - Cavern Club far too small. Does anyone know how it compares to the Bliss?
  12. Hi all, OP here. Wouldn't consider this a zombie thread myself, as it has all the relevant questions handy. Sorry I didn't come back to this earlier, but got a notification that there were updates. For me, my new passport arrived in time, HOWEVER, to test things, I gave NCL my old (still in date passport but less than 6 months) and it was accepted without any issue. Now, don't take that as a formal proof of what they always do! But I suspect they can't force that rule on EU citizens, and I can't see why they would insist on it in Europe for US passengers either, but who knows.
  13. As per title, on the Joy transatlantic UK to Miami. How does passport/immigration work for non US citizens? Do we just line up in a different line to US residents after disembarking the ship?
  14. I went up to the Spa today and asked. They said they have a "whirlpool" holding up to 8 people. No other pool. It will be open in time for its first cruise from Miami. Word has it that it might be open before the end of this TA.
  15. Ponta Delgada unscheduled stop 5am.