This is the information I received from another cc member. Very good information on 4
I am just off the Caribbean Princess with the 4 device package.
They all share the same login, but are recognized as separate devices.
In the Cruise Planner, it does matter which name you purchase it in because of the way you login.
The process is as follows:
1) Connect to the Ship's wifi
2) Navigate in your browser to "login.com". It will redirect to the princess Ocean Concierge website.
3) Go through a few obvious prompts to the login screen
4) Enter your cabin number and birthdate of the person with the package (this is where it makes a difference). If you accidentally enter the wrong birthdate, then go to logout.com to clear the connection and repeat from step 2. Note: It is bad design NOT to have a logout menu option in Ocean Concierge.
5) It will then have a button to connect.
6) Once you hit that button, it will show you how many devices are connected, and confirm that you want to connect again (this might have happened at step 5, but it still is a 2 step process). If you already have 4 device connected, then you have to select one to disconnect. I never had more than 3 connected, so I didn't look to see how to identify which device I was disconnecting.
We had 3 devices (2 phones and a table). Having the extra (4th) was useful when using the ship's internet cafe (full size screen and keyboard). It would then be the 4th device, and I wouldn't have to logoff one of the other devices. Saved me from having to bring along a laptop.
The only downside for 2 people sharing the 4 devices is that the Ocean Concierge chat feature is tied to the person logged in. All the apps had their own login (unfortunately, because it was annoying having to re-login every time I used an app). However, if you have 2 devices connected to the internet, you can communicate through e-mail (or iMessage if you both have iPhones), which is more reliable than the chat feature.
Edited Thursday at 01:11 PM by richmke