Hello all - This is my first cruise, and I have a bunch of questions. I will be traveling with multiple family members (3 generations) with the youngest being 18 months old. We are staying in normal rooms not suites or anything like that.
1. What is the earliest we can board the cruise ship? The cruise departs from Whittier, Alaska at 8:30pm. However, it would be preferable to board early so the toddler can eat at 6pm and get to bed by 7:30pm.
2. Do the rooms have metal ceilings? I read a blog post where they recommended using magnet hooks that stick to the ceiling and hang a curtain to create separation in the room for the toddler.
3. Any recommendations for excursions on this Alaska cruise suitable for our group that would not require a lot of physical activity? We will have both old and very young travelers.
4. Does this cruise ship have self-service laundry? If yes, how much per load? Any other tips for washing small baby clothing maybe in the sink??
5. What is different about the formal dining nights other than everyone dressing up? I prefer not to pack formal wear and shoes. What would I miss by eating else where on those nights?
Thanks everyone for your help. I'm excited for my first cruise.