Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Please look for and post on existing COVID-19 threads before posting a new one.

alexandra cruiser

Members
  • Content Count

    3,828
  • Joined

About alexandra cruiser

  • Rank
    3,000+ Club

About Me

  • Location
    florida
  • Interests
    traveling,reading,swimming
  • Favorite Cruise Line(s)
    AMA,oceania ,,,now Regent..and now Seabourn?
  • Favorite Cruise Destination Or Port of Call
    europe

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. I have a cruise in Oct.to Europe too,but must decide by June 25 ,,to cancel. Already cancelled one for June ,,on Regent. Switched air to Oct.and paid $450 ea.to do so. Keep watching news and reading here to keep up to date. So many people have been adversely affected,,so very sad.
  2. Everyday it seems its more bad news. See Princess ships will be docked for 60 days, and sure all others will have to follow suit. I cancelled a Regent one for June,,,moved to Oct.but sounds like that may be iffy, Need to cancel that one,,on Seabourn,,,by June 25. Still not sure what airlines are doing,,,,anyone know? I already paid $450 ea.for moving United tickets to new date. Will I have to pay again?Most likely.Know they probably won t be giving refunds,right? So many people will be adversely affected, in many ways and in many countries.Such a mess and so very sad.
  3. We are also in good health and in our mid 70s.But we were in no penalty to cancel phase 2 wks ago and did,,,just to be on safe side. Will book same trip next June. Do have another coming up in Oct,,,but must decide on that June 25,for no penalty,,on Seabourn.Hope all will be over by that time. Had to rebook our air,,lost $450 ea.but compared to what many others will lose,,not bad. Hope all of you brave enough to go have a wonderful time and all please stay safe. Also, my DH said we d end up killing ea.other if stuck in cabin for 2 wks.,,,same as above poster said.Great.
  4. Sadly I did cancel a June Regent cruise, and booked for Oct.on SB.But my TA said I must make final decision about that one in June. Also, switched air tickets,,for $450 ea.wow. So now hoping and praying it will be better before my next decision date.Mine involves a long flight to Europe too. We are both in 70 s but good health,but just not up to taking a risk.If I must catch the dam virus,would rather be at home,with own drs.,,etc. Not stuck on a ship, in my room. Worse yet, both my DH are med prof,,retired. He a Dr. and me an RN.So really aware of risks in quarantine. Feel so very sorry for those losing both their money ,,and their cruise. What a choice to make.THis constant bad news is starting to get to all of us.Hate to read paper or watch TV.
  5. Can you tell me if they still have stairs in theater,,,,or did they make a slope,,,as passengers suggested from probs on Explorer? From brochure pics,,,looks exactly like the Explorer,,right? Love that ship,,ex.for above ,,,planning to book on it when this whole virus mess gone,Soon,I pray. Wish they could have made seating for rest.on pool deck larger,,,never seem to find a seat.
  6. What does your Mom think?Know mine would carefully weigh all options and give me her REAL feelings,,not just what I want o hear. You can take the penalty or take the chance all will be well. I cancelled because I didnt want to spend whole trip worrying about touching,or inhaling something bad. Or that most of cruise would be at sea,,since ports shut down. It s a terrible decision,but one you must make for you ALL to feel good about it. I have learned one thing,,next cruise I m getting cancel for any reason ins.Know it costs more,but worth it now. Let us know,
  7. Wow,that sounds like very little for such a drastic change,glad you were able to cancel.Hope within no penalty phase,or you have CFAR ins. I have learned that I will now buy that,,when I book.Just in case. Know its more expensive,but will cover this mess and pre existing conditions.Which at our age,,,both mid 70s ,,,they will surely find,,if we tried to collect on reg travel ins. We always book own air,but may look into ins.they offer too. Just spent 900$ to change,,as mentioned above. Glad only 1 case in Barcelona,,,have quite awhile till my trip.Will keep up to date re all of Europe.
  8. Have not been reading the posts here,,,seem similar to Regent. Just cancelled a Balitic one on that one and moved my air tickets to the one I had booked for Oct. on SB...to Canary Islands.YES, and I DID see on TV news that virus THERE and people forced to quarantine in hotel. I m getting upset and feel so very sorry for ALL the others being really screwed up by this disaster. I was lucky to be able to cancel BEFORE penalty phase,,,but did have to pay $450 per ticket for change there. Compared to so many others that will really lose a great deal,feel sort of relieved. Hope and pray this does NOT turn into Pandemic ,,like they fear. So many will be greatly affected,or worse. Also heard Barcelona has cases,,,,thats were my cruise starts.Have till June 25 to cancel that Oct one,,if needed.Then pay another $450 ea.to change tickets again. What a nightmare.
  9. Spoke to my TA,,when cancelling and she said she "heard",,,,NOT SURE.That Regent was going to take Voyager into drydock early. Perhaps its due to sail in Asia?? Maybe this is what you heard about a ship? Not meaning to start a rumour,,,just passing along what I heard. Also,said she was to be on Splendor in March to Bahamas,,or near islands. So that seems to be going alright,,,but reading about Jamaica above..one never knows. Then saw on news Canary Islands has it and people stuck in hotel there. Great,,,thats just where I changed my tickets too for Oct..... To answer about if in FL,,,yes,,,would try to just stay home.As much as possible,,,I m older now and not as brave.Also,watch my GGS and would HATE to accidently pass to him.Not sure if the poster was being sincere in asking or subtle put down.Oh well. If it was just me,,,I probablly would have braved the June cruise,,,that i cancelled.But DH said NO,,,so no choice. Really pray this thing can be stopped and not become the pandemic,,,they keep mentioning. All of you that are still going,try to have a good time and we all here ,I m sure,,are hoping you stay safe. Feel sorry for all the workers affected by this.My TA said she was busy cancelling cruises ALL day,,,and United helper said similar.
  10. Sorry to report, I have just cancelled my June cruise to Baltic region. Last nites news about stock market losses,and spread of virus to Europe sealed the deal. Still in no penalty to cancel,,so will not lose money.My DH said ,,he s NOT GOING...so that s it. Just changed my flight for next cruise in Oct...on different cruiseline ..Had to pay change fee of $450 per person and then charge increase. With United and so lucky they went to new cities. Will plan on doing this cruise next yr.Sad, but dealing with it.Had to remember to also cancel hotels for pre and post too.
  11. Again,thank you all for the info. Will try those sites. Good idea to call,too. My TA has an ins.person who handles it and will also give them a call. Must make decision in 1 wk.So good to start . Did hear that on radio about Northern Italy,,have lockdown on a few small cities.Did not mention Venice,per se. Always a fear that port may be closed due to the virus,,,or that someone on ship gets the dam thing and ALL are then locked in their cabin.Trying not to be such a worry wart,but news keeps getting worse.First just Asia,now starting in Europe. Our cruise goes to 6 or so countries in Baltic...so far that seems ok.
  12. I have looked at travel ins. sites and can NOT find one that doesn thave to be purchased NEar booking date.Some 7 to 21 days. So not good for those of us that need to get ins. right before final payment. If you know of one,,can you let us know. Would pay extra for peace of mind,right now. Must make final decsion by March 2 for this.
  13. My concern is many will go on their booked cruises,even if they may fear they might be sick.Due to the loss of money inv. The travel ins. won t pay unless cruise is cancelled by company,,,from another post I read. Then,,if they booked own air,,big loss or possiblity of paying to switch to another flight in yr. I m facing similar,,,not sick,,but fear the big loss. If I didnt already have cruise and flight booked, I would NOT book one at this time. Sure others in same boat. WIll most likely go anyway,,and just hope for the best.Not in that area affected,but every nite on TV they tell of other countries being affected. Still can avoid final payment, take air credit,,,have 2 wks.to decide on first.Till June for second. What are others doing??
  14. Thanks for the link and info. Will have to really decide soon. As far as using air,,,,that s one of the things my DH is really fearful of. Told we can wear a mask,,but not happy about that. Plus, air from Copenhagen and return from Sweden. Not sure how we get to departure point. Then my DH is not physically able to walk that much,due to recent surgery. Planned to stay on ship and only take easy shore exc. I m hoping nothing really earth shaking happen before final payment. Then have till June to decide for sure.Try to remember its only money,,but HEY,,its a LOT. Sure others are dealing with this,,on this cruise,,and others. Its so helpful to read all the info on this site.
  15. You wouldn t get me on the Diamond Princess if you paid ME. Will almost have to strip it down to bare bones to really get rid of that virus. Funny mistake on radio here,,,announcer said Diamond Prison,,then said sorry.But sure those poor passengers felt like that. In our paper,,someone wrote in saying,,like a floating petri dish.Wow,,bad press indeed. Knew that would happen as soon as they reported it...passenger might be in room,,but who is cleaning it,bringing food,etc.The crew could not be made to stay in room.So just spread , I have to make final payment in 2 wks. for Baltic cruise in June. Pretty sure ,,but DH not,wants to wait and see if it spread.Got own air,,and would take a loss there.Not sure how that works,,,wonder if I can get a credit?On Luftansa,,,anyone know.
×
×
  • Create New...