Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community


  • Content Count

  • Joined

About croozen

  • Rank
    Cool Cruiser

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. I didn't hear big box TA say anything about an additional FCC, I thought it was just a 100% refund option. She was reading the two options out to me over the phone and I didn't even let her get through the refund option (ding! ding!) before I said we'll take it!! I guess I will wait and see if we get the same as Crazy For Cats. Here's hoping. We are in limbo with just deposit in on a June 26th Med cruise. I believe I heard others say on here that any FCC we may get due to this stoppage can NOT be applied to balance owing on a cruise that is already booked like this one which was booked like 18 months ago. True? (we have a delay til April 22 to decide on whether to proceed on that one)
  2. Update: they are refunding to CC# including original cruise price, upgrade cost we paid for Neptune Suite (weep weep), excursion etc. We can expect it in about 10 business days. Calling Big Box exactly at opening time worked for me!
  3. I am on the phone with Big Box now. Called at 8 am and had 30 second wait time. She is helping me.
  4. Yes I have checked spam and junk and deleted folders. I am quite certain there is an email associated with this cruise. As I noted, we had been receiving regular updates via email from HAL right up until Friday, and before that cruise check in emails.
  5. We were due to sail tomorrow, March 18th on Zuiderdam. Have received nothing from HAL or big box TA. Anyone else heard crickets about imminent sailing? Would like to have some assurance we have the refund options discussed here. Funny, we were receiving regular emails from a Orlando Ashford right up until Friday afternoon that sailing was on, OBC offer, they looked forward to welcoming us etc.
  6. Our cruise was to be on the 16th and we have no email yet either. Checked junk folder too.
  7. Our HAL cruise to Panama was set to sail March 16th. With the Trump announcement, which I take it includes HAL, do we have to proactively do anything to get a refund? Just wait for communication from HAL? Our reservation is through big box travel agent, if that makes any difference, and I know people are having problems getting through to both them and HAL. Crazy times we live in.
  8. Also just received email from HAL within last hour. We are due to sail this Wednesday the 18th. it is basically a repeat I think of what we received last Friday. I find it hard to fathom that HAL will remain sailing while all other lines suspend. Nevertheless, we understand our guests have questions about their upcoming vacation plans. In order to give guests greater peace of mind, Holland America Line is extending our Short Term Cancel Policy for cruises or Alaska Land+Sea Journeys departing through July 31, 2020. For guests who choose to keep their booking as currently scheduled for departures between now and July 31will receive the following Onboard Credit (OBC) amounts: $100 per stateroom ($50 per person) for 6-day cruises (or fewer) $200 per stateroom ($100 per person) for 7-day and longer cruises If you choose to continue to sail with us, we will automatically apply your onboard credit to your booking. There is no need to call us. Guests with existing bookings on sailings between now and July 31, 2020, who decide to change their vacation plans, can now cancel their booking up to 48 hours prior to sailing and receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for the amount of the cancellation fees assessed, less the cost of Cancellation Protection Plan (Standard or Platinum) Future Cruise Credit can be used for another cruise in 2020 or 2021. The FCC must be applied to a new booking by Dec. 31, 2020. FCCs are nonrefundable, non-transferrable and do not have to be used on the same destination that was cancelled. If any portion of your travel was not booked through Holland America Line, other booking and cancellation conditions and policies may apply. Please consult with your Travel Advisor or Tour Operator for more information.
  9. Also booked directly with HAL. and likewise our final payment still shows March 29th. I am wary to try to get through to HAL at present. Please do post here again with any information you get on this, and I will do the same.
  10. We are in the same boat. Pardon the pun. Embark on June 27 in Rome, and set to disembark July 9 in Venice. We are to fly home to Canada from Milan! Our final payment date is March 29th. I thought I had read on here that Hal, in light of Corona, was extending final payment dates for 60 days but not sure if that was effective for June sailing dates. Does anyone know? More pressing for us is Panama Cruise leaving next Wednesday. Will the cruise even still sail? How can they even have a capacity to make money with Canadians being told to stay home?
  11. I had the same issue using Safari, but it resolved itself two days ago.
  12. So we may purchase those the same as we do at Cafe on Deck 10, and our Mariner discount would apply so we saved the usual percentage amount? I think it’s 25% as a 3 star mariner.
  13. Wondering what beverages over and above coffee and tea are available in Neptune Lounge? Interested to know if there is canned soda and our son likes Vitamin Water. also, are there juices, sparkling water etc in the morning? and throughout the day?
  14. Reporting back with positive news. But I didn't save $1800. After 40 minutes on the line with a rep, and then a pricing specialist, the reduction in price HAL gave us is $2067. They preserved the original pre paid tips, and beverage card, and added a $300 OBC. And our typical casino discount passed through as well. We stay in our original cabin. Could not be happier. So glad my reading comprehension of helpful remarks and experiences on these boards served us well.
  15. Our Greek Islands cruise upcoming in June has a price drop of almost $1800 due to the current View and Verandah sale. It is about a month prior to final payment. It was not booked on a non refundable fare. I plan to contact HAL tomorrow to ask to be refared at new lower price, but we wish to stay in our current cabin location. What are my chances? Is it better to go through a PCC (we don’t have one) or will the general reservation number serve just as well? I suppose we can just cancel the existing and rebook ourselves, but the cabin location we like (deck 8 forward) is not showing anything free. I note the View and Verandah promohas “ new bookings only” wording and wonder if this will hurt my chances? I know we will lose the prepaid gratuities promo we had but the $300 OBC being given with V&V makes that a wash. Any insights and experiences most welcome.
  • Create New...