Dawn, Sun or Sea quad balcony cabin pic anyone?

silverwillow

we met this couple on one of our cruises and they booked a guarantee balcony and they got one of those cabins........they were'nt happy because it was their anniversary cruise and it upset their plans

I bet.

Pushka where does your cruise go? Have oyu been on the Sun before?

I noticed you've cruised Curnard. I have considered this but I think the idea of the dress code is putting me off, is it a very high standard of dress for nights at dinner other than formal night which I would expect to be very formal?

I'd have thought they'd have booked a queen bed in which case they wouldn't be allocated this cabin. I'm travelling with mum this time so that isn't an issue. :p I just think the bed looks wrong.

they were a couple of newbies and didnt know what was going on but not much they could about it as they booked a balcony guarantee

Silver willow, Cunard have recently relaxed the dress code so there is formal and um, relaxed or casual. I'm going solo on the next cruise as hubby isn't into cruising. But I will be catching up with another cc member who is also going solo so we plan on glamming it up and having a great time. We will be going formal too. But on formal nights there are other places to eat and there's always room service. But dressing formal really means long black pants and sparkly top so hardly a problem. And men can wear dark suits and ties. On non formal nights, then there are lots of options, the only thing required is dress you'd normally wear to a relaxed restaurant. No thongs, singlets, shorts etc. In the MDR.

Both of us went on the QM2 in 2012 and I loved the ship. She's just a very different style of ship to the RCL Liberty which we went on last year. Both great, just very different.

I've never been on Princess before though so looking forward to that.

Edited by Pushka

• 2 years later...
I agree it looks like a bunk. But I'm sure it must be comfortable enough as it would be meant for an adult.

Yes, booked for a guarantee but these cabins weren't available to book so I'm thinking there are families or singles groups who might be going. There aren't many 3-4 balconies available. 16 days out but no allocation yet.

Just wondering if you did end up getting the 3-4 balcony cabin when you cruised? I'm waiting to be allocated as a guarantee for this cabin type also - and the cabins are not available to book so it would be interesting to know how you went :)

Just wondering if you did end up getting the 3-4 balcony cabin when you cruised? I'm waiting to be allocated as a guarantee for this cabin type also - and the cabins are not available to book so it would be interesting to know how you went :)

No - we didn't - just a normal cabin. Twin beds. The one next door was permanent single beds I think? and it looked very different.

We were allocated three days out.

Edited by Pushka

I dont have any photos but when we sailed on Sun in 2012 we had an interior 3 bed room which was very good. The top bunk disappeared into the wall during the day leaving the room feeling open and airey. It was on Caribe. We were only in the room to shower and sleep so didnt regret not having a balcony.