promenade stateroom

Our first cruise 4/05 we stayed in a Promenade room, 8289. We enjoyed it for our first time. I would do it again. Our next cruise we booked a balcony. When we would walk the hall leaving our room in the morning and the room stewards had doors propped open they were cleaning- I was always drawn toward the light. Then I always wished I had a window facing outside.

I enjoyed the Promenade window. it was great people watching and looking for the other couple we traveled with. We would meet at Wig & Gavel before dinner. I would look out and see they were there and have to get in a hurry!

The noise was not a factor for us. Our room was quiet and our room steward was great!

I usually book balcony staterooms but when I was on Explorer the first time and I looked up and saw the promenade rooms as I was walking down the promenade, I knew I wanted to try one of those some day! Anyway, I did eventually book one on Voyager when I was sailing on a girls-only cruise with my Mother-in-law. We both LOVED the promenade cabin! It was roomy enough for the two of us. We had enough storage space. We both loved the sitting area in the bay window overlooking the promenade. It was great at the end of the evening to sit there in my p.j.'s and watch the goings on as the day was winding down. We were on deck 7, mid-ship and our view of the promenade was awesome. There was always something fun to look at but we could not hear anything from below. We enjoyed it so much we have booked the same cabin again for next summer on Explorer to Bermuda! I highly recommend it for something different! I still book balconies when I sail with my Husband and Son as we need more space than the promenade cabin allows and we spend a lot of time on the balcony. But for my girls-only cruises the promenade cabin was just perfect!

We had three promenade rooms mid-ship deck six on the Mariner last month and loved them ...it was great for people watching and just going down one flight of the stairs to the promenade cafe for a quick bite or cup of coffee was great.. we also had a lot of company from the other members of our group for the parades...........i know on the mariner ( probably the others too) these rooms are set up for two people only not three of four passengers... i would do it again in a heartbeat !!!

We have sailed on all the Voyager Class Ships and have booked a Promenade Cabin each time. We loved the Cabin. We had plenty of room for the 2 of us and it was great for people watching. The Cabin was quiet and even though there were Parades, You could hardly hear anything. Glass is very thick and insulated in thes picture windows. Very comfortable room with a small couch and table near the picture window. Going again out of NJ in Sept.On the "Voyager" and took another Promenade Cabin for the 9 day. Can't wait!

We have had a balcony, an inside and a promenade room. For our money, we prefer the promenade. It is a small price increase over the inside, but the "window on the world" makes it seem like you are not stuck in a cave.

We enjoyed our room so much, that we booked the very same cabin for our upcoming cruise. (No excuse for not finding our cabin!)

We took photos of the paradefrom our room, but we ended up with a bad reflection from the glass. Not sure how to comensate for that. So be advised.

They have extra seating and make the room seem bigger.

Enjoy!

We had a promenade room on deck 7 of the Mariner. Loved it. For the price you can't beat it. Prior to the cruise I was worried about the noise. Put it this way, I slept through a parade. You have a little extra room (than the inside or oceanview) because you have the bay window. As others have said it's great for people watching.

The rooms are great fun. It's fun to hang your towel animals in the window and our girls made friends with some kids across the promenade; they would communicate with each other by leaving notes, pictures,etc. in the window. It got pretty funny by week's end!

I'm sure the noise in our cabins (6587 & 6589) would really bother some people but it didn't give us too much trouble because we weren't trying to sleep. Our cabins were directly above the bar on the promenade and when they had the live music it was pretty loud. And when the parade is going on it's loud in there too. Loud enough to hear everything in the bathroom with the door shut and water running. But those noisy moments are VERY short lived.

Our friends had a balcony on an upper deck and one evening when they came to our room and heard the music in the bar they asked us if it went on late in to the night. They didn't care for it at all, so much so that they asked us to go to their cabin to finish our drinks. We loved it though and would book them again.

Hey Windy,

I'm in 7587 and 7589 for my upcoming cruise with my children in July. Exactly one floor above you. How was that location as far as what you're looking at in the promenade itself? I'm hoping for a good view. I will be on Voyager, so I guess it depends what ship you're on.

Someone on the board told me that although the rooms are adjoining, you still get the two couches in each room, so I was wondering where the adjoining door is located in the room.

Thanks,

Donna

Hey Windy,

I'm in 7587 and 7589 for my upcoming cruise with my children in July. Exactly one floor above you. How was that location as far as what you're looking at in the promenade itself? I'm hoping for a good view. I will be on Voyager, so I guess it depends what ship you're on.

Someone on the board told me that although the rooms are adjoining, you still get the two couches in each room, so I was wondering where the adjoining door is located in the room.

Thanks,

Donna

The location is nearly dead center of the Promenade. You can see everything from there, especially during the parade - no need to leave your room. During the parade it's important to notice what is happening at the ceiling level where you will be located (there is a blue geometric appendage that will open ). Be sure to watch and have video camera in hand. That took our breath away, awesome! There is a slight trick to videoing though. The sides of the bay window have these built in louvres which obstruct videotaping perfectly at that angle, so you need to zoom in a bit on your subject matter to get rid of that problem by going in between those slats. They are about 4-5 inches apart if I remember right - not a big deal at all. Flash photography might be a problem, I remember reading someone say that their pictures didn't come out because of flashing against the window, so be sure to turn your flash off.

You do get the couches. One is more like a window seat inside the bay window and the other is a smidge bigger against the wall forming an "L" pattern. They are not moveable but size is good.

The adjoining door should be locked when you first arrive at your staterooms. We were told that because of security reasons they do not have them unlocked until you get there in the event that someone gains access to one of your rooms by mistake. Just ask your stateroom attendant and he will unlock it for you.Cabin 587 will have the door located on the right as you go in, it's just past the closet and at the foot of the bed. The door will open up into cabin 587 and hold tightly against the wall with a magnet so it does not get in the way. It blends in with the color of the wall too so you won't really notice it either.

A fun sidenote: The rooms are mirrored in their layout so when you have the doors open the televisions will be sitting pretty close to each other. Whenever we would use our remote on the tv it would change the chanels in the other room as well. The kids were not happy with mom & dad but we loved tormenting them!biggrin.gif This will not happen with the door shut.

After seeing the pic of the room and the 2 sofas I CANT WAIT to go on my cruise in October WOOHOO

The only thing that concerns me is the comment about when the beds are separated - Is it a tight walk to the bathroom?

Think I may need to choose the bed closest to the bathroom?

hmm

And I am hoping for mid-ship so I can see everything LOL

Would like 7th or higher I dont think my roommate would like all the noise on the 6th.

BTW I dont know my room number yet as I just made final payment and its thru a Bigger group.

Alex,

Is your kids promenade room adjoining yours? I am wondering if you lose the second couch when you're in adjoining promenade rooms.

Have a great time on your cruise!!!

Donna:)

What cabin number do your kids have? I wonder if our our PR will be close enough to pick-up that hot-spot

to be honest we had the 6th floor and i didnt hear much noise at all -- and we were right above the cafe promenade and the wig & gavel.. as for the beds apart you can fit between the bed and tv stand to gt to the bathroom....

Archived