Body Glove Snorkle Cruise in Kona

bluecruisin

I found a coupon for this in the Entertainment Book. It sounds like a great deal to buy 1 get 1 free. Has any one done this? Did you enjoy? Also a friend told me she read somewhere that they don't take reservations if you are with a cruise ship. What if you don't tell them.? Can they find out? Thanks ahead for any feedback!

It's been a few years, but I've taken the Body Glove many times and were happy with them. They go to north of the airport, depending on the weather. If you are a diver, they do two dives. I always made reservations, but our vacation in Hawaii were land-based, so I can't tell you about their reservation system for cruise ships. They usually leave early in the morning, about 8?, and maybe that's why they don't take reservation from cruise ship passengers. Call them and find out. Most snorkel excursions run afternoon ones also, including the Big Glove.

I did the Body Glove Snorkel while on the NCL Wind in August. I thought it was okay, but wouldn't do it again. The spot we snorkeled at was within sight of the ship, but we took the long way to get there (about 45 minutes to an hour). The area we were allowed to snorkel in was small and there really wasn't much to see, although I did see a couple eels and the usual tangs, parrot fish, etc. Also, there are about 50 people on the boat, so when they hit the water many of the fish took off or hid. I really didn't see many fish until lunch was being served and everyone was back on the boat. A guy is videotaping and sells videos/pictures on the trip back. They do have a cash bar for drinks and soda pop, but they have juice and water available all the time. The meal was do-it-yourself deli sandwiches with chips and they had various muffins available as we were boarding. The crew was very nice and the lunch was good. I guess the reason I booked the trip was for the snorkelin, and it just wasn't of the quality I had experienced in Cozumel and the Bahamas. Apparently there are some great snorkeling spots just a short taxi or rental car ride away that I may try next time.

By the way, we tried to use the Entertainment coupon, but they didn't have availability when the ship was in port. We booked it on the ship which gave us priority tenders and assured we would be there before they left (it was close, we had about 10 minutes before the boat left). We had to go through customs and then wait for our group to be called. The first group of non-ship excursion cruisers didn't even start tendering until after we were off the ship.

Archived