Chef's table ?

Sea Legs

The Chef's Table is not a 'by invitation' thing. It's an extra cost dining option on all Carnival ships.

It's a seven course dining event that's directed and narrated by the ship's Executive Chef and served in a special venue. In my opinion, it's the most wonderful dining experience I've ever had on land or sea.

The cost is $75/person. It includes a tour of the galley conducted by the Chef, champagne and hors d'oeuvres served there and then the afore mentioned meal.

In short, it's brilliant and something that everyone needs to experience at least once...

:)

The Chef's Table is not a 'by invitation' thing. It's an extra cost dining option on all Carnival ships.

It's a seven course dining event that's directed and narrated by the ship's Executive Chef and served in a special venue. In my opinion, it's the most wonderful dining experience I've ever had on land or sea.

The cost is $75/person. It includes a tour of the galley conducted by the Chef, champagne and hors d'oeuvres served there and then the afore mentioned meal.

In short, it's brilliant and something that everyone needs to experience at least once...

Wow! This was exactly the info I was looking for about the Chef's Table experience. Wasn't sure if I wanted to do this or visit the steakhouse on the Spirit but now I'm wondering if I want to do both (I only get one five year anniversary) :)

Is the Chef's dinig experience offered more than once during the cruise? How many pax are at the dinner? Thx!

Wow! This was exactly the info I was looking for about the Chef's Table experience. Wasn't sure if I wanted to do this or visit the steakhouse on the Spirit but now I'm wondering if I want to do both (I only get one five year anniversary) :)

Is the Chef's dinig experience offered more than once during the cruise? How many pax are at the dinner? Thx!

Normally, the Chef's Table is presented once per cruise but if the demand is high enough a second evening will be scheduled.

It's limited to a maximum of twelve guests on each evening that it's presented.

I checked the link that was given. It said that the Chef's Table could be booked on board at the guest services. Can I book it earlier? I remember reading where someone did book earlier. They were very excited that they got their reservation. Thanks,

Nancy

I checked the link that was given. It said that the Chef's Table could be booked on board at the guest services. Can I book it earlier? I remember reading where someone did book earlier. They were very excited that they got their reservation. Thanks,

Nancy

You can go via John Heald's Blog but you can book directly via the ship's Steakhouse host which often gets a speedier response.

See here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1367129&highlight=

I booked Chef's Table for Legend June 26 sailing through John Heald's blog. Got a confirmation email from the Legend steakhouse three days later. It is my understanding that each ship handles these reservations differently (not sure why that is) but for the most part you can reserve ahead of time using this method. Do a search on the CC boards for steakhouse email addresses to email them directly - I know there is a post that shows them all - or just go to JH's blog and make the request there.

I booked Chef's Table for Legend June 26 sailing through John Heald's blog. Got a confirmation email from the Legend steakhouse three days later. It is my understanding that each ship handles these reservations differently (not sure why that is) but for the most part you can reserve ahead of time using this method. Do a search on the CC boards for steakhouse email addresses to email them directly - I know there is a post that shows them all - or just go to JH's blog and make the request there.

There are some significant variations on how the reservation process is handled. In fact, nearly half the ships in the fleet don't have a steakhouse so trying to book that way is moot.

This is the process that John has requested that folks use:

In order to process a reservation follow this from John Heald's blog thingy:

I would like to offer my help with reserving a table. This was a big decision for me to take because it actually will add a bit of work onto my schedule but because some of you have asked and because of the massive popularity that the Chef’s Table has, I decided to give my bloggers the first chance to reserve a place at the table. This is what I would ask.

1. In the Reply Section please write “CHEF’S TABLE RESERVATION NEEDED”

2. I will then need you to tell me the ship, the sailing date and your full name and state room number.

3. Please make sure your e mail address is included

4. Please give me as much prior notice as possible before sailing

One of the 344 Stephanies will send me the requests on Mondays and on Fridays and I will then send them to the ship. Your requests won’t be posted on the blog as they will include your e-mail address so please don’t place any other comments or questions in this posting which will also make it simple for me to read. Now, once the ships have received this request they will e mail a confirmation that will read like this.

Dear Tim and Diane,

Thank you for booking the Chef’s Table.

Your reservation request for 7 Guests is confirmed.

Should your plans change, please keep us advised at E MAIL ADDRESS WILL BE INCLUDED HERE FOR THE SPECIFIC SHIP

We look forward to serving you!

Your Steakhouse Hostess

Little Ed

Carnival Dream

If you are not familiar with John's blog you can find it here:

www.johnhealdsblog.com

Open the most recent entry, scroll all the way to the bottom and you'll see this:

comments.jpg

Enter the information, as requested, in the 'Leave a reply' box. Make sure you've entered your name and a valid email address. That's it!

You should get a confirmation in a week to ten days.

Booking via the Steakhouse works just fine where there is a steakhouse. I got my confirmation in less than one hour and so have countless others.

Via Heald's Blog seems to be hit and miss regarding response. I really think we rely on him too much when there is an alternative. Why add another person in the chain when it's not necessary anyway.

Obviously if no steakhouse exists on board then Heald's convoluted method is your only course.

Can this be booked ahead of time?

Booking via the Steakhouse works just fine where there is a steakhouse. I got my confirmation in less than one hour and so have countless others.

Via Heald's Blog seems to be hit and miss regarding response. I really think we rely on him too much when there is an alternative. Why add another person in the chain when it's not necessary anyway.

Obviously if no steakhouse exists on board then Heald's convoluted method is your only course.

So right you are Nezmo! I followed Mach's advice and never got a response. No fault of Mach's of course but John was extremely busy. He was getting back on the Splendor and then preparing for the bloggers cruise the same week. His blog was backed up and fell behind. Many comments on it were still wishing him a Happy New Year. I don't fault John either. It all doesn't revolve around me. He is a very busy man. I still read his blog and facebook regularly and admire him greatly. I even went through Carnival Assistance where I was told the host would get back to me as soon as she spoke to John personally. I guess she never did because I never heard from her again. I did get flamed in Funville for trying to skirt the regular process of booking once aboard though. Some Fun huh? I followed your advice and was able to secure reservations for four through the steakhouse. I was fortunate to be going on a ship that had one. That is the beauty of CC. it gives everyone avenues to follow when all else fails.

Since I am traveling with 2 small children, what is the time frame for the Chef's Dinner as I would need coverage from Camp Carnival? Thanks again.

Nancy

I'm curious about this too. Is it during the early seating? Is it later? For any of you who have done this, when was the dinner?

Since I am traveling with 2 small children, what is the time frame for the Chef's Dinner as I would need coverage from Camp Carnival? Thanks again.

Nancy

I don't know if the times can change but it looks like a 6:30pm start with a meet at Guest Services.

OK. So, the Chef's Table starts around 6:30, and we are unsure when it finishes. I think that Camp Carnival ends around 10:00. I bet Chef's Table ends before that. It's just a guess though.

Nancy

:)We did Chef's Table on Dream.....It started around 6:30pm & ended about 9:30pm. My husband didn't wear a jacket & neither did any of the other guest.He wore black slacks & a nice shirt. We really enjoyed it. Sent an e-mail to Liberty Steakhouse on Saturday & received a response back in a few hours asking which night we wanted-Tuesday/Thursday. We are also making reservations to Harry's. They took care of it all.:) If you have the opportunity, go for it, it's $75 well spent.

Stacie.

Archived