Tell me about the cove balcony, maybe a picture.

crazycruzer68

I'm writing this as I'm staying at my son's for the weekend (babysitting while THEY take their first cruise) so I don't have any pictures handy. But I will say, we cruised in May on the Dream and went with the Cove Balcony and loved it !! It's a very different view - so close to the water level. To us, it had as much room as other balconies we've been on. Loved it so much, we decided to book the Dream again for next September - and chose it BECAUSE of the Cove Balcony. Booked it one year ahead - and made SURE I got the Cove. I say - go for it... it's great.

When we decided in August to book our February cruise - we chose the Dream because it was big and new! we have only sailed on the Monarch of the Seas - smaller, older ship, and we decided to try cruising again. The price of the balconies on the Dream is what convinced us - however the lady I spoke to at Carnival said: "please be aware that this is a Cove balcony, and is cut into the hull of the ship and has a lot of metal :confused: but is very close to the waterline" that's what my husband wanted - so I booked - with great reservation - I was picturing metal floors etc... - then I found the youtube videos and photos and reviews!!! wow, did I ever make the right decision! I have obviously not cruised yet - but I can't wait and I'm sure I too will love it. I've read that the Coves might become so popular that they will go up in price and sell out faster than other balconies.

When we decided in August to book our February cruise - we chose the Dream because it was big and new! we have only sailed on the Monarch of the Seas - smaller, older ship, and we decided to try cruising again. The price of the balconies on the Dream is what convinced us - however the lady I spoke to at Carnival said: "please be aware that this is a Cove balcony, and is cut into the hull of the ship and has a lot of metal :confused: but is very close to the waterline" that's what my husband wanted - so I booked - with great reservation - I was picturing metal floors etc... - then I found the youtube videos and photos and reviews!!! wow, did I ever make the right decision! I have obviously not cruised yet - but I can't wait and I'm sure I too will love it. I've read that the Coves might become so popular that they will go up in price and sell out faster than other balconies.

There's only 110 Coves so as the cruise gets closer the price will go up.

You made an excellent choice. I'll never have anything other than a Cove on a Dream Class ship...

:)

Archived