Solstice 15-17 may 2013 :where ??

c-legs

Hi all,

We were eyeing a '' B2B'' Ensenada-Seattle next 6th May'13...coupled with the initial 7 day Alaska sailing Seattle R.T.....However, noticed she arrives Seattle 15May from Ensenada...and starts Alaska duties 17May !!!

Any idea what she'll be doing for 2 days in/around Seattle ?

I suspect a media-VIP run '' 2 days to nowhere'' as she'll be debuting the ''S'' class on the WestCoast....but any specific details out there ?

Thanks for any info

Cheers

I am afraid that you cannot do this b2b. Many have tried but, the word is you cannot start in Ensenada and end in a US port. You can get on the ship in Sydney and do a b2b2b2b2:eek:

I am afraid that you cannot do this b2b. Many have tried but, the word is you cannot start in Ensenada and end in a US port. You can get on the ship in Sydney and do a b2b2b2b2:eek:

We orginally wanted to take the cruise prior to the Ensenada-Seattle cruise. It embarked in Honolulu and debarked in Ensenada. That is where the issue lies. You can't do a B2B from an American port and continue on (b2b issue) the subsequent cruise, unless you visit a "distant" foreign port. And Ensenada isn't considered a distant foreign port.

The cruise from Ensenada to Seattle in fine. And yes, there is a 2 day charter cruise in between the Seattle-Alaska cruise. You can stay in Seattle and enjoy the city, and then embark Solstice again and continue on to Alaska.

I don't understand why this would be a violation of the PVSA, I starts in a foreign port and does not transport passengers between two US ports, as the Seattle Alaska cruise is a closed loop cruise. \

Previous discussion involved passengers wanting to take the Hawaii - Ensenada - Seattle B2B, which IS a violation of the PVSA.

Also the Ensenada - Seattle cruise leaves May 10 and is a 10 day. Then the Tracy Arm cruise leaves May 17, so there is only one day unaccounted for. That break should also satisfy the PVSA.

I don't know what is planned for the missing day, but it is likely that it could be a invitation only event for travel agents and other travel professionals.

Archived