Laundry "special" bag size?

jayscore

think of when you get a paper bag for a greeting card, it's about that size. Bigger than a lunch bag, but way smaller than a grocery bag. We still managed to stuff two pairs of jeans, a sweatshirt, socks and undies, and a few t-shirts. They were really wrinkled, but clean :D

~Kristie

think of when you get a paper bag for a greeting card, it's about that size. Bigger than a lunch bag, but way smaller than a grocery bag. We still managed to stuff two pairs of jeans, a sweatshirt, socks and undies, and a few t-shirts. They were really wrinkled, but clean :D

~Kristie

So they laundered the clothes, then shoved them back in the tiny bag? Did they at least TRY to fold them?

Oh yea. And next time I'm bringing a pop up hamper. I felt like such a slob with all of our dirty clothes in a pile in the corner.

~Kristie

All I do is take some dryer sheets, throw a couple in one of the empty suitcases under the bed and use that for our dirty laundry - when you pack up to leave just zip the bag and take to your laundry room.

So they laundered the clothes, then shoved them back in the tiny bag? Did they at least TRY to fold them?

they are folded, but when you stuff that much in that bag...

I didn't realize it was going to be so cold (a front followed us to Galveston and into the Gulf) so my only sweatshirt was getting...interesting...

~Kristie

All I do is take some dryer sheets, throw a couple in one of the empty suitcases under the bed and use that for our dirty laundry - when you pack up to leave just zip the bag and take to your laundry room.

Yeah...and put anything you don't want customs to see in with the nasty dirty clothes...they will NEVER look there!!!:D

How big is the laundry bag for this "special"? Do any of you have the dimensions?

Thanks!

You will be "amazed" of how much you can fit into that bag! They have specials of everything you can fit into the bag for $15. The clothes come back nicely folded in the bag. It's really convienent!:)

How big is the laundry bag for this "special"? Do any of you have the dimensions?

Thanks!

We do this EVERY time! My husband rolls the clothes really tight...what we give to them in one bag, we get back from them in 3 or 4 FULL bags...nicely clean and folded...no strong detergent smell...the bag is probably about....

MAYBE 16x24ish...I was trying to use notebooks and remember what they looked like...but they are FLAT bags...like a manilla envelope...hope this helps!

It's $15 at the end of the cruise...we make sure we do all underwear and most of our son's clothes and mainly shirts...a couple of shorts thrown in...

We really get a LOT in there! lol :eek:

When I was on HAL in October They had a laundry special of $12 per bag all you could squeeze in. When it came back it was all on hangers and everything - socks & underwear - was pressed :eek:(thank God they didn't use starch on those things).

Brinda

When I was on HAL in October They had a laundry special of $12 per bag all you could squeeze in. When it came back it was all on hangers and everything - socks & underwear - was pressed :eek:(thank God they didn't use starch on those things).

Brinda

HA! The visual of HAL staff carrying socks and underwear on hangers to deliver back to someone's stateroom is hillarious!

We did it one time a few years ago. The special at the end of the cruise, $15 for the bag. If you roll your clothes you'd be surprised at what you can get in the bag. Word of warning, the bag is made of a thin type of paper and will tear easily if you really try to stuff it. It is a flat bag, doesn't have that pleat at the bottom that folds it out like a paper grocery sack. But for the price, it's worth it, at least for underwear and socks, lightweight clothes.

I'm sure we sent jeans one time...maybe not' date=' but I could have sworn we did! I've never had anything come back that they didn't clean...[/quote']

you were lucky then ;) I so wanted my jeans cleaned but they said NO and gave them back to us!!

On the last sea day, I washed most of our clothes (3 people) in the laundry room and spent 8.00 including buying the detergent and dryer sheets in the laundry room. That would have probably cost me 45.00 with the service special and... when I got home I had very little laundry to do :). Either way, do what fits best in your schedule or pocketbook. Have a great trip!

Thanks!

packing this sucker is key...the secret is to tightly roll everything.

tightly roll your shorts and t-shirts and pack them tightly, filling any small air pockets with socks and underwear.

I always get whatever I send in that one bag back in 2 or 3 bags once they are clean and folded. :p

:D

Archived