What located in the Epic aft-corners?

ERLEC

Anybody knows what's located on the NCL Epic AFT-corners?

I was looking at some pictures and deck plans but I could not figure it out. Epic does not have aft corner-wrapped cabins. Why? What is located inside those corners? We see there's windows. I think it's only a hall but maybe I'm mistaken...

Anyone knows?

The "secret stairs" are located in the Epic aft corners. Here are a few photos

002253d6-5116-4d9d-819c-66ec0bda6123_zps7b5a2394.jpg

9c7090e4-17c1-473e-bf22-d7da073c6baf_zpsb145f8fb.jpg

1a69c56a-3d92-4e46-adc7-deb35856ccac_zpsb3aed58a.jpg

We used this area when we wanted a quick side view - - doorway to the stairwell was right next to our stern balcony 10318.

db31a2d9-b468-4135-becf-f2f72b6fecd0_zps7c7ac602.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

You know what? I booked your cabin 10318 for my next trip on the Epic. I just upgraded to this AFT cabin that was still available.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using Forums mobile app

You know what? I booked your cabin 10318 for my next trip on the Epic. I just upgraded to this AFT cabin that was still available.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using Forums mobile app

Hope you enjoy the Epic and 10318 as much as we did. When we got to the stateroom there was no lounger on the balcony, just two chairs with the tiny little table between them. We asked our steward if he could find us a lounger. He brought one right away and we helped him carry it through the stateroom and gave him a nice tip for his trouble.

This shows how wide the balcony is ..... see the space between the two chairs and table on one side of the balcony and the lounger on the other.

6fbb28ff-31b3-47d9-97c8-aae316c4fc21_zps20fdea63.jpg

This shows our chair set up

fb01e99f-cd90-4df1-affd-5e94dbe86949_zps9e7a638f.jpg

The lounger ..... could maybe have fit two in but we didn't need two.

9e0e17c8-081c-4232-961c-6cb9331ccf9b_zps96ffde26.jpg

A couple photos of the view

4e613fbf-721d-45e8-8eaa-fb5d0968af7a_zpsd91babf1.jpg

0ca6e995-70db-450e-b019-699e1bf3693f_zpsf2de0284.jpg

Speaking of views, be sure to go into the "secret stairway" area next door to see port side views.

Will be checking out the secret stairs soon! We are in 11313 on December 7. I feel like we have our own private covered porch right next door!

I have never been able to figure out how high you can go on the stairs. What deck do they terminate on and where do you come out? Hallway, public area? Did you actually use them much, and if so, where were you heading?

Has anyone stayed in Cabin 8210, on the Epic? This is a corner aft Port side. When looking at the diagram of the cabins, there is a circular indentation on this cabin, that looks as if it affects the size of the cabin.

We have stayed in a corner Aft on the Epic previously, but it was starboard side and the bed was closest to the entry door. This time we wanted to try the bed closest to the balcony, which is only Port side on the corner cabins. The only cabin available on my sailing was 8210, so I went ahead and chose it.

I have tried to search these boards for an answer, but all that is referred to is the stairway on the corner. I was just wondering if anyone has actually stayed in this cabin and knows of there is any difference in cabin size. Thanks for any help

Has anyone stayed in Cabin 8210, on the Epic? We have stayed in a corner Aft on the Epic previously, but it was starboard side and the bed was closest to the entry door. This time we wanted to try the bed closest to the balcony, which is only Port side on the corner cabins. The only cabin available on my sailing was 8210, so I went ahead and chose it.

travelqueen--how was your voyage in an AFT cabin? Did you encounter any vibration or motion sickness? I booked a Balcony GTY and was assigned cabin 11312 AFT for my upcoming EPIC sailing. I am a bit worried because my GF is a light sleeper and prone to motion sickness. Please let me know about your experience. Thanks!

Based on previous reports on the Epic aft cabins, at least the aft facing ones, I am expecting some significant vibration coming in and out of ports. Going out we will be up, and out and about, so no worries. Coming in, it will be very early, and we expect to be woken up, but we'll just consider it our wake up call! It is just when they use the side thrusters ( or whatever they call them) when maneuvering into port, so it shouldn't last long based on reports. But, some people who were very sensitive reported feeling some vibration at all times.

We had an aft facing on the Sun, and felt it a few times, but it was only a few minutes. That aft view is priceless, believe me, and worth a little vibration! Not to mention, the balconies are bigger.

Oops, forgot you are in 11312! That balcony looks pretty darn big, too!:).

Edited by punkincc

travelqueen--how was your voyage in an AFT cabin? Did you encounter any vibration or motion sickness? I booked a Balcony GTY and was assigned cabin 11312 AFT for my upcoming EPIC sailing. I am a bit worried because my GF is a light sleeper and prone to motion sickness. Please let me know about your experience. Thanks!

Honestly the vibration that we experienced when the Epic was pulling into port, was no different than what I have experience previously on other ships in other cabins, not only aft. I always seem to wake up when the boat is trying to get into it's place on the pier, and the aft cabin on the Epic was no different. I know some have described it as an earthquake happening, but I personally did not feel that way.

The pros of an aft cabin definitely out way any cons. As you can see from the pictures above, it is so serene just sitting on your balcony at the end of a long day. I am a wine person, and there is nothing better than after a long tiring day on an excursion or at a beach, than to get back to your cabin and relax with a glass of wine and see the views which are depicted in the pictures above.

Still waiting to hear if anyone has actually stayed in 8210 and what that little cut out on the diagram is. Someone asked this question a while back and said they were staying in that cabin. The response was that it was a secret stairway. But I know from staying in a different aft corner, that yes there is a secret stairway (which we also enjoyed side views from), but 8210 is the only corner that shows that cut out in the diagram. Just wondering if the layout of that particular cabin is different for some reason.

Has anyone stayed in Cabin 8210, on the Epic? This is a corner aft Port side. When looking at the diagram of the cabins, there is a circular indentation on this cabin, that looks as if it affects the size of the cabin.

We have stayed in a corner Aft on the Epic previously, but it was starboard side and the bed was closest to the entry door. This time we wanted to try the bed closest to the balcony, which is only Port side on the corner cabins. The only cabin available on my sailing was 8210, so I went ahead and chose it.

I have tried to search these boards for an answer, but all that is referred to is the stairway on the corner. I was just wondering if anyone has actually stayed in this cabin and knows of there is any difference in cabin size. Thanks for any help

I see what you are seeing on the deck plan .... and am not sure what that circular indent could be. I did a google search NCL Epic 8210 and the fifth choice is an article about a couple from Salt Lake who cruised in 8210. There are a number of photos of both the stateroom and the balcony. The stateroom photos look the same as our 10318 stateroom two floors above.

It might be they did not color in the white part on the deck plan map as they did on the decks above. If that is not the answer, then another possibility might be a crew storage closet (I stayed in 8213 back in 2010) and only remember a door leading to the staircase...so I think it might just be an error on the deck plan.

coka

I see what you are seeing on the deck plan .... and am not sure what that circular indent could be. I did a google search NCL Epic 8210 and the fifth choice is an article about a couple from Salt Lake who cruised in 8210. There are a number of photos of both the stateroom and the balcony. The stateroom photos look the same as our 10318 stateroom two floors above.

Wow, thanks for checking on that, I see the web posting you are referring to and agree, the room does not look any different from yours or the one we stayed in last year. I will be sure to post a definate answer after our cruise in January.

Edited by travelqueen555

It might be they did not color in the white part on the deck plan map as they did on the decks above. If that is not the answer, then another possibility might be a crew storage closet (I stayed in 8213 back in 2010) and only remember a door leading to the staircase...so I think it might just be an error on the deck plan.

coka

Coka, thanks for answering. I think you may be correct. As I posted above, I will be sure to post a definite answer when we return from our cruise in January.

• 1 year later...
Coka, thanks for answering. I think you may be correct. As I posted above, I will be sure to post a definite answer when we return from our cruise in January.

Hi,

We just booked cabin 8210 on the Epic. How was it??????????

Thanks,

Maria and Norm Wahl:)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi we were in this cabin in March and the balcony was about 30% bigger than the one next door , we had 2 chair and a table along with a sunlounger , although you could have fit 2 at a push. It was a lovely quiet cabin,.

• 1 year later...