Beware of MCO Airport Gas Stations

Orlando Vic

Highest Priced Gas in the Nation!

$5.39/gal of unleaded regular gas according to the WESH 6 PM news. This is not only the highest in Orlando, but the highest in the nation.

http://www.wesh.com/automotive/27122721/detail.html

Full history here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/orlando/624077-mco-gas-station-ripoff.html

Beware! Don't get fleeced!

Highest Priced Gas in the Nation!

$5.39/gal of unleaded regular gas according to the WESH 6 PM news. This is not only the highest in Orlando, but the highest in the nation.

http://www.wesh.com/automotive/27122721/detail.html

Full history here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/orlando/624077-mco-gas-station-ripoff.html

Beware! Don't get fleeced!

Or pay world prices... look around!!

LOL I know right where that is , its the closest one to the airport on returning rental cars we stopped in there one year it was like 4.69 we were like holy crap left and went anf found another place . They have a racket but people were there getting gas.

LOL I know right where that is , its the closest one to the airport on returning rental cars we stopped in there one year it was like 4.69 we were like holy crap left and went anf found another place . They have a racket but people were there getting gas.

You seem to have your problems don't you... Hyatt Place N, and now gas ?? ;) :D :D

Everyone in Orlando knows that RIP OFF gas station. Weren't they supposed to stop that predatory pricing they have going on? (Or only in times of declared emergencies?) They stink and give O-Town a bad name!

Am I the only one who noticed there wasn't one car in the station when the camera was filming the story?

I filled up at a gas station about 5 miles from Orlando airport 2 weeks ago and it was $3.21/gallon. About 20 cents less than here in South Florida at the time.

Or pay world prices... look around!!

I agree. Our US prices are lower than many other parts of the world.

My point is that these two places are charging almost $2/gal higher than everywhere else in town, are engaging in deceptive practices to catch unwary drivers (usually visitors) and are defying a city ordinance to post their prices so that all can make an informed decision as to buy or not buy their gas there.

Sounds like a bargain to us here in Rip Off Britain. Petrol here is priced in litres (because it sounds less than in gallons) and cost us £6 a gallon which is about $9.30!!!!:eek: It cost us $93 to fill up our small car this week.

Yes, everybody in the area knows about that place. Drive down the road farther away from the airport less than a mile and you will come to a 7-Eleven that is much cheaper or drive a little farther and there is a Race Track that should be a little cheaper than the 7-Eleven (right past the McDonald's).

Yep, that place is well known over here in Louisiana....It consistantly has prices that are way out of line with the rest of the area. Word travels fast along the Gulf Coast as driving vacations to Florida are quite popular down here.

And yes, I know prices are higher other places in the world.....That doesn't mean that I want to pay more than I have to here at home. I don't really know anyone that would pay $1 or $2 more per gallon when they can go one more block and pay the going rate, just because "it's cheaper than other parts of the world". Doesn't really make sense.

Sounds like a bargain to us here in Rip Off Britain. Petrol here is priced in litres (because it sounds less than in gallons) and cost us £6 a gallon which is about $9.30!!!!:eek: It cost us $93 to fill up our small car this week.

Im with you mate.I cant even bear to fill my car now,just put in£25 at a time{i know I use the same amount but it just seems a bit more bearable doing it that way}

I go over to Florida a couple of times a year and i actually smile as im filling up the tank ,mind you i so hate that first time when i have to put petrol in after i come home.Thats when i know the holidays over:eek:

Archived