Confused about price drops

quianakj

This is my 1st cruise and I booked the Breakaway using the kids sail free promotion through NCL's website. I went with a inside gty but now wonder if I should try for something else as I'm constantly wondering where I will end up. I would like to monitor for price drops. So my question is...when comparing do I go by the per person price listed only for passengers 1 & 2 or would I now include all 4 passengers even though 2 kids were free. Would I still be able to keep them free or now I have to pay for each passenger? I hope that makes sense...thanks for your help, I'm now addicted to reading these boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to compare the total you would pay (or have paid if already paid in full) with your current reservation with the total price according to the prices now.

So yes, since the promotion is no longer valid and you have four people booked, you'd need to compare with price for four now, and since because of the promotion your booked price is probably much less than the prices could drop, your chances of getting a better deal with price drops are quite slim.

Also, welcome to CC! :)

Edited by Demonyte

For the BA, cruise fares for the 3rd. & 4th. person in the same GTY room, especially for Insides, might actually be higher than for the 1st. and 2nd. person depending on your original Kids Sail Free rate, just a word of caution and add up the taxes, port charges, etc. too.

Are you still outside the final payment date and could cancel & rebook without penalty? You would lose any other OBC as well as the Kids Sail Free offer by doing so, check with NCL and/or your own TA first.

Given the size of the BA/GA/Epic's Inside cabin, you might want to book a 2nd. cabin if the kids are older as it could be crowded - a 2nd. cabin will give you the extra bathroom & much more space for everything and everybody. Look under my SIGnature for the BA review with link to photos of our inside cabins. But, there is simply no way to get both GTY cabins nearby, let alone next to each other - you will need to book at least the next higher up Inside Category, and, the closer to the sailing date, the less likely that you have a good choice of Inside cabin.