Sleep Inn FLL airport

CathyCanada

Has anyone stayed here? Would like some first-hand reviews, everything I have read on other places is mixed.

Thanks in advance!

Hi CATHY!

There are tons of postings about this Hotel, and it seems that the positives far outweigh the negatives. Lots of folks from these boards stay there for Port Everglades cruises!

For a balanced perpsective you can check out any one of the threads listed on the page below for comments about the SLEEP INN:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=4880358

HAVE A GOOD TRIP!!!

:)

I am writing this reply from Sleep Inn, and our thoughts are mixed.

When we arrived at FLL airport and called for the shuttle at 11:30 AM, we were told that it would be about 30-40 minutes due to the folks needing to get to the port. they advised that there were no rooms ready anyway, so we decided to sit at the airport and wait rather than take a cab. The shuttle arrived in about 40 minutes.

Things were a zoo in the lobby when we arrived, with folks waiting for the 12:00 pm shuttles, which were all running about 15 minutes late (in part due to the need to pick us up). They still did not have a room ready for us when we got there, so I asked if I could check our bags while we went out for lunch. They suggested that I just leave the bags in an unsecured business center. That was our biggest criticism.

The room was small but in good shape with good climate control, clean linens, and a good mattress. They have wired and wireless internet access at no extra charge.

It had a dormitory size fridge and microwave.

The pool was a disappointment. Small with very few lounge chairs. Not much nearby, either. It is across the street from a stip mall with a Publix supermarket, a Mexican restaurant and an Italian restaurant (neither of which were open for lunch on Sunday) and a Chinese take-out restaurant w/a few tables that was open. There is also a Walgreen's drug store next door.

Next time, we'll pay a few bucks more to get a full service hotel that is closer to some better amenities. But, if you're looking for inexpensive, clean, and comfortable accomodations for a very reasonable price, this is a very good choice.

Thanks for the feedback!

New 2 Cruising, unfortunately the link didn't work but I will do a search. Thanks anyway. :)

Sorry about that!

It was just the results of the "SEARCH" page. It worked when I posted it. :confused:

Here is the one from right now. Hope you can find the info!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=4920904

Archived